Plough Inn, Sandygate, Sheffield

Could anyone tell me please if The Plough Inn at Sandygate is open? The only telephone number I can find for them is disconnected.

We're having a small family gathering on Friday lunchtime and was hoping to use the Plough for a drink and bite to eat.

Thanks

There is a sign saying welcome from the new owners and a quiz night advertised for Thursdays so guess must be open….

I don't think it's houses ... yet!

I shall be up there on Friday anyway so I'll find out then.

Thanks for the replies

Went past yesterday evening and it was closed. Sign outside saying pub to let.

I hope someone makes a go of it, it could be really good. Nice building, nice area and the other 2 pubs in Crosspool are not very good.

Sadly it's probably worth more to the pubco as a plot of land for flats, so it will stumble on for a bit 'failing' (like a suburban rail station with fewer and fewer train services). Then it will be lost forever.

I hope I'm wrong. It would be a good one for a pubco that cares about its pubs and beer.

I've also noticed something now seems to be happening with Artisan? Being repainted or something by the looks....

Guest makapaka

It's not shut.

Got a new landlord and landlady in - I don't know if they're temps or permanent though.

Hi, I was in there last Sunday lunchtime and it is open although the new managers are not yet doing food.