Couriers for ebay item collection

Anyone used a courier to pick up large item. How much is the rough cost, and could you recommend one please? need a collection from kent.

I used Paisley Freight to pick up a set of wheels with tyres on from near bristol to here in sheffield, cost around 35 quid and they were here the day after they were collected.

Shiply is an auction site for the transport industry, you tell them what you want to move or collect, where to/from and they bid on what they will do it for, you can pick the lowest or highest price or somewhere inbetween. Great site! if it's an E/Bay item - putting in the auction number will auto fill the What boxes.

I use http://www.parcel2go.co.uk

You get the best price from a variety of couriers and you can use the site to price a delivery in advance of sending it.

What sort of weighing scales do you people use for weighing your large items?

I had some of the digital scales. They were sort of ok for weighing myself, but I felt they were not accurate enough for obtaining the weight of a parcel I was pricing up. Reason being that the reading would jump around a bit and the scales would only display to the nearest ½ kilo. With the conventional scales you can see exactly where the needle is pointing, but of course that is only good if the scales are accurate.

Any thoughts on scales for large or heavy items?

Edited by Janus

I had a table, won by a bidder in torquay, picked up from Kent by a courier and I think it cost him between 50 and 70 pounds

Post on jobs see if anybody is going down that way ! I got some furniture picked up cheaper by a courior on here " 2 men 1 van " was spot on ! They where taking some stuff down to London and coming back empty?

parcel monkey is good , 30 kgs for around £10 door to door