David Haines & Alan Henning have been murdered.

Because ISIL use the History and words of their founder to justify their actions. You can't understand ISIL until you understand the history of Islam and the armies of Mohammad.

are you saying that isis are acting in accordance with islam?

are you saying that isis are acting in accordance with islam?

They are acting no differently to armies lead by Mohammad.

The idea of Muhammad as a military man will be new to many. Yet he was a truly great general. In the space of a single decade he fought eight major battles, led eighteen raids, and planned another thirty-eight military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction. Wounded twice, he also twice experienced having his positions overrun by superior forces before he managed to turn the tables on his enemies and rally his men to victory. More than a great field general and tactician, he was also a military theorist, organizational reformer, strategic thinker, operational-level combat commander, political-military leader, heroic soldier, and revolutionary. The inventor of insurgency warfare and history's first successful practitioner, Muhammad had no military training before he commanded an army in the field.

The Banu Qurayza were a Jewish tribe which lived in northern Arabia, at the oasis of Yathrib (presently known as Medina), until the 7th century. Sometime after the Battle of the Trench in April or later in 627 AD their conflict with Muhammad led to a 25-day siege of Banu Qurayza ending in the tribe's surrender. There is much debate about the number executed with some estimating that between 400-900 males were beheaded, while the Sunni hadith simply state that all male members were killed, without specifying a figure, and one woman.

he Banu Qurayza were overtaken and most of the men, apart from those who surrendered (many of whom converted to Islam), were beheaded, while all the women and children were taken captive and enslaved.

Edited by firemanbob

They are acting no differently to armies lead by Mohammad.

The idea of Muhammad as a military man will be new to many. Yet he was a truly great general. In the space of a single decade he fought eight major battles, led eighteen raids, and planned another thirty-eight military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction. Wounded twice, he also twice experienced having his positions overrun by superior forces before he managed to turn the tables on his enemies and rally his men to victory. More than a great field general and tactician, he was also a military theorist, organizational reformer, strategic thinker, operational-level combat commander, political-military leader, heroic soldier, and revolutionary. The inventor of insurgency warfare and history's first successful practitioner, Muhammad had no military training before he commanded an army in the field.

you may want to read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_Islam

excerpt

Mahomet, is considered in Islam to be a messenger (Quran 48:29) and prophet sent by God to guide humanity to the right way (Quran 7:157).

you may want to read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_Islam

excerpt

Mahomet, is considered in Islam to be a messenger (Quran 48:29) and prophet sent by God to guide humanity to the right way (Quran 7:157).

You might want to read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza

The Banu Qurayza were a Jewish tribe which lived in northern Arabia, at the oasis of Yathrib (presently known as Medina), until the 7th century. Sometime after the Battle of the Trench in April or later in 627 AD their conflict with Muhammad led to a 25-day siege of Banu Qurayza ending in the tribe's surrender. There is much debate about the number executed with some estimating that between 400-900 males were beheaded, while the Sunni hadith simply state that all male members were killed, without specifying a figure, and one woman.

he Banu Qurayza were overtaken and most of the men, apart from those who surrendered (many of whom converted to Islam), were beheaded, while all the women and children were taken captive and enslaved.

And this

Military career of Muhammad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_expeditions_of_Muhammad

This List of expeditions of Muhammad, also includes a List of battles of Muhammad and comprises information about casualties, objectives, and nature of the military expeditions ordered by of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, as well as the primary sources which mention the expeditions.

Edited by firemanbob

You might want to read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza

And this

Military career of Muhammad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_expeditions_of_Muhammad

This List of expeditions of Muhammad, also includes a List of battles of Muhammad and comprises information about casualties, objectives, and nature of the military expeditions ordered by of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, as well as the primary sources which mention the expeditions.

I am not quite sure what you are inferring, are you saying the teachings of god to Mohammed is to come to earth, and tell people the right way for humanity is to fight "battles"?

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 23:41 ----------

Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it; but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief.

—Quran , Sura 5 (Al-Ma’ida), ayah 64[73]

I am not quite sure what you are inferring, are you saying the teachings of god to Mohammed is to come to earth, and tell people the right way for humanity is to fight "battles"?

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 23:41 ----------

Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it; but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief.

—Quran , Sura 5 (Al-Ma’ida), ayah 64[73]

NO, I am saying that Mohammad used God to justify war and the slaughter and beheading of people that wouldn't submit to his few of the world and ISIL are doing the same, as have many people from many religions from many countries. Islam didn't spread round the world because of kindness it spread through conquest and fear.

I think people are forgetting Cameron and Hague were desperate to arm and equip IS the other month, now they're desperate to send troops in after them.

True. Ive been looking into it recently and its horrifying. I wont even go into some of the rituals and traditions they have and still carry out today. Its stone age stuff and has no place in todays world but theres always someone who is ready to jump to their defence and say anyone who dosent agree is intolerant or bigoted. Thankfully thats changing now and people are far more likely to criticise islam in general without the same fear of reprisal.

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 22:13 ----------

How is this statement relevant to todays problems?

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 22:13 ----------

Wow! Cant get disagree without shouting. How grown up.

What have you been "looking in to"? What sources have you used? I will also ask you to "go into" some of the rituals they still have today.

There is plenty to criticise Islam for, especially the dogmatic way in which it demands it's follows to adhere to confusing scripture and Sunnah. I am not ignorant because I know what I am taking about, every post you have made on this topic makes you look ignorant. This is not because you criticise Islam, but because they way you do it is devoid of facts.

Whilst Muhammad was a military man, the spreading of Islam was a lot less violent than the spreading of Christianity. More often than not, the prophet did not order forced conversions of conquered people. Instead citizens were given the option. If they chose to retain their faith they were protected by Muslim soldiers and permitted to build places of worship in exchange for paying an extra tax, typically at 2.5%, known as the Jizya.

What have you been "looking in to"? What sources have you used? I will also ask you to "go into" some of the rituals they still have today.

There is plenty to criticise Islam for, especially the dogmatic way in which it demands it's follows to adhere to confusing scripture and Sunnah. I am not ignorant because I know what I am taking about, every post you have made on this topic makes you look ignorant. This is not because you criticise Islam, but because they way you do it is devoid of facts.

Whilst Muhammad was a military man, the spreading of Islam was a lot less violent than the spreading of Christianity. More often than not, the prophet did not order forced conversions of conquered people. Instead citizens were given the option. If they chose to retain their faith they were protected by Muslim soldiers and permitted to build places of worship in exchange for paying an extra tax, typically at 2.5%, known as the Jizya.

That sounds like a protection racket, they will protect people in exchange for a fee, but if they refuse to pay the fee or convert to Islam in this case, they will be attacked by the very people offering to protect them.

And I don't recall any stories about Jesus spreading the word of God by using violence, or demanding tax from those that chose not to share his opinions.

That sounds like a protection racket, they will protect people in exchange for a fee, but if they refuse to pay the fee or convert to Islam in this case, they will be attacked by the very people offering to protect them.

And I don't recall any stories about Jesus spreading the word of God by using violence, or demanding tax from those that chose not to share his opinions.

I suppose it is a protection racket. The sick, religious leaders, women, the homeless and the old were all excluded from this tax. Nor too different from the system we use today.

The reason you have not heard of Jesus not doing that is because you are naively comparing the role of Jesus and Muhammed and believing them to be the same. Muhammed was more like an early Pope, Jesus is the Messiah according to both religions.

Start comparing the acts of the Papal States to Muhammed and you will be on the right track.

I suppose it is a protection racket. The sick, religious leaders, women, the homeless and the old were all excluded from this tax. Nor too different from the system we use today.

The reason you have not heard of Jesus not doing that is because you are naively comparing the role of Jesus and Muhammed and believing them to be the same. Muhammed was more like an early Pope, Jesus is the Messiah according to both religions.

Start comparing the acts of the Papal States to Muhammed and you will be on the right track.

According to Islam they were both Prophets of God, Islam doesn't consider Jesus to be the son of God, just another messenger of God. I don't think any pope has ever claimed to be a Prophet of God, I doubt that any Muslims will consider Mohammad to the equivalent of the Pope.

FGM, Thighing to name just two.