David Haines & Alan Henning have been murdered.

You're right, I only served 8 years

then you did not think to much of what you where posting, some BA troops are already there, and American and others, what was you in?

indeed

its religion in name only, even other high standing muslims have denounced the actions of IS as anti muslim

its extremism in the extreme, human beings bastardising something for their own ends

high standing muslims like the Saud'si and other Gulf States?:loopy: who are responsible for the horrific backslide of Islam into burqas and beheadings. Saudi Arabia is beheading its condemned people as we breath. Legally, so-called...

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 15:55 ----------

Ricicle,

I'm sorry, are you saying that we have to hold a demonstration to prove to the non muslim world that we muslims are against this? There is no need to prove anything to anyone. We don't need to 'show' anyone anything. Fair enough, a lot of people think that muslims are all terrorists, but us holding a demonstration is not going to change the reality of the situation. In that way, shouldn't every religion hold a demonstration too? Against every organisation they don't agree with? To 'show' everyone that they are against them?

I think this presents a particular challenge to the Muslim community:). How can it be that a cartoon about the prophet can draw outrage and bring thousands demonstrating onto the streets, while with all the mass murder and online beheadings ,:your lucky if you get a couple of mullahs complaining:suspect:

[quote=johncocker

I think this presents a particular challenge to the Muslim community:). How can it be that a cartoon about the prophet can draw outrage and bring thousands demonstrating onto the streets, while with all the mass murder and online beheadings ,:your lucky if you get a couple of mullahs complaining:suspect

kidley

well said johncocker

i await a response, but i am not holding my breath.

high standing muslims like the Saud'si and other Gulf States?:loopy: who are responsible for the horrific backslide of Islam into burqas and beheadings. Saudi Arabia is beheading its condemned people as we breath. Legally, so-called...

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 15:55 ----------

I think this presents a particular challenge to the Muslim community:). How can it be that a cartoon about the prophet can draw outrage and bring thousands demonstrating onto the streets, while with all the mass murder and online beheadings ,:your lucky if you get a couple of mullahs complaining:suspect:

Spot on!!!

???

is that not a tad extreme for somebody you dont know?

somebody whos a hostage and since theyve killed 2 already in barbaric ways you know its coming?

seeing how IS operate it wasnt no surprise tbh :(

Did you see it ?

Can't you empathise with the poor soul is about to have his throat cut by an un feeling b...d.

Doesn't upset you that there are people that are so cruel?

I'm not so naive to realise that it's s..t world out there but to see it in its full horror is upsetting and there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Why are people too stupid to realise that not hating Muslims doesn't mean you are pro terrorism!?!?

Are people literally that thick??

Yes they are. Rotherham had about five hundred Muslim haters paying it a visit yesterday. It wasn't pretty.

Ricicle,

I'm sorry, are you saying that we have to hold a demonstration to prove to the non muslim world that we muslims are against this? There is no need to prove anything to anyone. We don't need to 'show' anyone anything. Fair enough, a lot of people think that muslims are all terrorists, but us holding a demonstration is not going to change the reality of the situation. In that way, shouldn't every religion hold a demonstration too? Against every organisation they don't agree with? To 'show' everyone that they are against them?

I am sorry my friend but you are completely wrong on this. IS are warmongering on behalf of Islam, there is a lot in the Qu'ran and the Sunnah that supports their actions.

The Islamic Community needs to denounce their actions or face being viewed as complicit in them. Imagine that the organisation that IS Claimed to represent was not Islam, in fact not even a religion, but perhaps Manchester United FI. So instead of religious nutcases, they were football hooligans. Would you be ok if Manchester United failed to condemn their fans?

Moreover, by speaking out spiritual leaders will be able to defend the Ummah from a growing threat, that of radicalisation and exile from the modern world.

If you truly believe that the Muftis of the world can Bury their heads then I feel you misunderstand the severity of the situation.

Yes they are. Rotherham had about five hundred Muslim haters paying it a visit yesterday. It wasn't pretty.

And wasnt covered by the news?

Some obscure website almost no non muslims will read is hardly the same as the centre of town in front of the town hall with a megaphone in your hand.

Big interview on bbc news just a few minutes ago.

Is that too obscure for you?

Big interview on bbc news just a few minutes ago.

Is that too obscure for you?

Less obscure than the obscure website link.

Well done :)

Several Arab states have offered military help in bombing the IS fighters. If that isn't muslim support in the fight against these nutters then I don't know what is!

This from the BBC:

Several Arab countries have offered to take part in air strikes against Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq, US officials say.

But any action is subject to approval from the Iraqi government, they add.

US Secretary of State John Kerry says he is "extremely encouraged" by promises of military assistance to tackle the extremist group.

Rest of the story here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29198494

Exactly! By doing nothing they are showing support for the isis lot. They should be going mental that IS or ISIS are sullying the name of such a peaceful religion and should want to do anything they can to stop them. What in fact we have is people from this country and others going to JOIN isis. Sure a tiny number have gone off to fight against them but the vast majority are going to fight FOR isis.

Anyone who does this should be shot for treason and terror offences. If their family didnt know about them joining (and they must prove they didnt know) then they should face no charges and no come back. If they cant prove they didnt know then they shoud face deportation or life in prison.

Regardless of what some people say we are at war. Its just not reached our shores in a major way yet but it will. We have to be ready to fight back.

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 11:22 ----------

Why? Who here has chopped someones head off?

Look back through history and IS are doing nothing that hasn't been done before by the religion of Islam, Islam has waged a war of expansion since its creation.