David Haines & Alan Henning have been murdered.

According to Islam they were both Prophets of God, Islam doesn't consider Jesus to be the son of God, just another messenger of God. I don't think any pope has ever claimed to be a Prophet of God, I doubt that any Muslims will consider Mohammad to the equivalent of the Pope.

I didn't say Islam considered Jesus to be the son of God, but they do consider him to be the Messiah.

Mohammad is more like early Popes and early Christian leaders such as Constantine purely in the context we were discussing, the roles they played in spreading early Christianity.

---------- Post added 15-09-2014 at 13:18 ----------

FGM, Thighing to name just two.

FGM is a vile thing and I wholeheartedly agree that it should be stopped. The matter is more complicated though as "FGM" is ill defined. Any mutiliation of the clitoris is considered FGM, from small incissions to the removal of the whole clitoris. At the lowest end it is as impacting as male circumcision at the highest end it is an abhorrence.

An indefinable percentage of cases then can be ranked alongside the Jews and Americans in how they treat their young boys (I think all non-medical circumcision should be banned).

However, more importantly, FGM is really an African tradition, predating Islam by thousands of years. It is practiced regularly in countries of Christian dominance, such as Ethiopia, but more so in Islamic countries. However, it was being practiced in these countries before either religion came along.

Please now start commenting on how disgusted you are at African Culture.

Thighing is vile but practiced around the world by many Asian cultures, not just Islam.

If I were you I would "look into" things more.

I didn't say Islam considered Jesus to be the son of God, but they do consider him to be the Messiah.

Mohammad is more like early Popes and early Christian leaders such as Constantine purely in the context we were discussing, the roles they played in spreading early Christianity.

No he isn't, he is the founding member of Islam and the direct link between their God and the Quran, without Mohammad the Quran wouldn't exist nor would Islam, he is revered by 1.6 billion people, how many Christians revere Constantine and try to follow his examples, not many would be my guess.

No he isn't, he is the founding member of Islam and the direct link between their God and the Quran, without Mohammad the Quran wouldn't exist nor would Islam, he is revered by 1.6 billion people, how many Christians revere Constantine and try to follow his examples, not many would be my guess.

Why stop short of highlighting the important bit?

I am not talking about the role they play in the religion now, but what happened in the spreading of the religions, especially the violence from the leaders of the Armies.

The point at hand was whether Islam was spread in a violent manner compared to Christianity. I mentioned the Jizya and how Islamic Armies allowed people to practice their own religion.

You then said "well Jesus didn't make them do that".

I then pointed out the Jesus was not spreading the religion to other lands. The correct comparision to Muhammed in this case would be the early Popes. They are the people who led the armies of Christianity, not Jesus.

So when comparing the violence of the early leaders of Islam and Christianity, it would be wrong to use Jesus as the Christian example.

ISIS have been busy beheading people all over Syria for years and more recently for months in Iraq.

Now a Brit has had his head cut off, our government decides to do something.

ISIS have been busy beheading people all over Syria for years and more recently for months in Iraq.

What, like give them swords and stuff which they wanted to do the other month?

Saudi Arabia have been beheading for fun over the last few years but the Government don't seem too bothered.That said these monsters atrocities can't carry on unanswered.

your point being?

---------- Post added 15-09-2014 at 14:32 ----------

Saudi Arabia have been beheading for fun over the last few years but the Government don't seem too bothered.That said these monsters atrocities can't carry on unanswered.

America have been poisoning, electrifying, shooting, their own people for years, what has any body done about that?

Edited by kidley

Has anyone seen any actual proof that he has been murdered by ISIS?

your point being?

America have been poisoning, electrifying, shooting, their own people for years, what has any body done about that?

Although the US has quite a way to go it has done a lot and still is regarding exterminating its citizens. I somehow don't see human rights within Islamic fundamentalist states taking hold, that's if such a lobby even exists within isis.

looks like the world powers are now going to take on these islamic terroists...why not just carpet bomb their so called strong holds in syria and iraq....and get the job done....while rounding up their sympathizers around the world and housing them on that little island off cuba.....see how many then wave their flag on the streets of britain....

your point being?

Weren't they people who had committed murder. I'm not sure that distributing aid is a capital offence.

Weren't they people who had committed murder. I'm not sure that distributing aid is a capital offence.

as far as i am concerned murder is murder and there are plenty of innocent victims of American "justice". Most of the weston world condemns capital punishment as unacceptable.