Norton aerodrome driving centre

I went a couple of weeks ago to let my 12 year old daughter gain confidence and learn the very basics about driving, we did this in my mothers car, a Vauxhall Agila, perfect small car for the job in hand.

After the hour was completed my daughter was chuffed to the moon and back, her confidence and ability to take control was astounding.

To top it all they are also offering dog obedience lessons on Sunday afternoons, for a couple of quid a go, so whilst i'm going grey around the track with my daughter, my wife and dog are getting obedience lessons to boot.

We cannot wait to return, great work guys

Now that the area is open we have a disused football pitch if any local team want to come and use it . Call in and have a chat lol bring a lawn mower

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 09:27 ----------

Website for the area is not up and running yet but we are on Facebook . Norton lightwood driver training area

I went driving at norton with school it was fun then when my turn was over we used to watch police on skid patch would love to take my kids driving on there

I went a couple of weeks ago to let my 12 year old daughter gain confidence and learn the very basics about driving, we did this in my mothers car, a Vauxhall Agila, perfect small car for the job in hand.

After the hour was completed my daughter was chuffed to the moon and back, her confidence and ability to take control was astounding.

To top it all they are also offering dog obedience lessons on Sunday afternoons, for a couple of quid a go, so whilst i'm going grey around the track with my daughter, my wife and dog are getting obedience lessons to boot.

We cannot wait to return, great work guys

Nice one, I don't have a dog but I think i'll sign the missis up,LOL

I went driving at norton with school it was fun then when my turn was over we used to watch police on skid patch would love to take my kids driving on there

Crikey yeah I used to love watching the skid pan training (forgot about that) :cool:

Because I spent so much time up there I passed my test on my 17th birthday.

IIRC back then you paid for the morning or afternoon.

hi I have bee going on about this site for the last forty year, I took my 3 bys there to teach them to drive I must have done a good job as they all passed their tests first time. as for the land I have thought it would make a goo place for an ikea store there. there would be plenty of parking places and mc donalds and pizza hut. if the council won't allow that there could sell it for development and build a social, and owner housing there is room for some 4 r 5 hundred houses on there ideal for people who like to be near te counry side with derbyshire only 3 0r 4 mile away and 12 mile to chatsworth an bakewell 8 miles away great place to live

Brilliant news that this is finally open again. What is lower age restriction please?

Has it been resurfaced or is it still like driving on most of sheffield's roads

(full of pot holes)

What are the chances of being able to do some winter testing putting some running hours on a couple of race bikes here when the general public are not using the area?

We are looking for somewhere local rather than having to go all way into Lincs & Notts

Cheers.

The General Any 1 wishing to use the area please come along on a weekend and discus your needs and we will see what we can do .

Ecky 11 would recommend that to drive on the area the person can operate vehicle controls if you were to come to site we could explain more in detail