Little Mermaid Fish Tank & Goldfish *Free*

I have a Little Mermaid fish tank with gravel, pump and a few ornaments, fish food, Tap Safe and a little goldfish if anybody would like to give it a new home?

It was bought for my daughter but as she has no interest in it I would like it to go to somebody who would appreciate it.

It's a lovely little tank and I think it holds approx 18/20 litres.

I can deliver locally in Sheffield or collection welcome from S5 7LN

Please consider rehoming he goldfish without the tank. That size tank is much, much too small for a goldfish. A single goldfish should have a least 100 litres. The tank is really only suitable for shrimp, snails or a single male Betta.

Please give them away separately. Someone with a pond would be happy to take your goldfish.

Thank you for your response, I must say I'm not an expert at all with fish but I received all my info from Pets At Home when I bought all my equipment and the goldfish. They recommended just one fish in a tank of that size.

I will reconsider my advert now.

Thanks angel22

Places like that will tell you anything to get a sale unfortunately.

The tank is probably ok for the goldfish at the minute as it's young and small but they really do need room to grow. I'm sure you won't struggle to find a good home for your goldfish. If you search for Elizabeth on the forum, she might be able to offer a good home.

I've retired my tank for now Angel, but thanks for remembering me and the advice you've given is spot on. If the fish is left in the current tank though, it would need a couple of tank water changes every day to maintain safe water quality.

Is the goldfish a single tail common Goldie? If so, see if you can find someone with a pond that's got young fish (big fish will eat your fish if they can fit it in their mouth!)

I have an outside pond with fish,including small ones plenty of plants for them to hide in.

Would gladly rehome it for you ,needs to be done soon before the water starts getting colder.

pm sent , i have a big fish tank and would offer a good home for them

Disgusted at Pets At Home .. Twitter is the way to go, you can get to them directly. Whether they will do anything, who knows, but bad publicity isn't good!

Same as being advised that one rabbit or one guinea pig is ok ..