New U2 album - Automatically added to my iTunes

I was browsing my iTunes account to find some music to play, when I noticed that the new U2 album has been added to it, without my consent. I can't stand U2, and I was disappointed that science let me down at Glastonbury a few years ago when Bono, water and electricity all came together, with no consequences at all, but that is by the by.

From reading the internet it seems that Apple have done this to everyones iTunes account, and it has wound a lot of people up. So is this a good thing, a free gift from U2 and Apple, or is this an invasion of my privacy. Personally I can't see why some people are getting cross about it, it's not like someone has broken into my house to add the new U2 album into my CD collection.

I'm also guessing that some people out there might like U2, so if you do enjoy the album.

Doesn't bother me, I can always delete it.

Don't really get what the big fuss is about. I'll listen to the album and if I like it I'll keep it, if not it'll get deleted.

id be more concerned if crappy itunes got added to my software collection on my pc without my consent Oo

I was browsing my iTunes account to find some music to play, when I noticed that the new U2 album has been added to it, without my consent. I can't stand U2, and I was disappointed that science let me down at Glastonbury a few years ago when Bono, water and electricity all came together, with no consequences at all, but that is by the by.

From reading the internet it seems that Apple have done this to everyones iTunes account, and it has wound a lot of people up. So is this a good thing, a free gift from U2 and Apple, or is this an invasion of my privacy. Personally I can't see why some people are getting cross about it, it's not like someone has broken into my house to add the new U2 album into my CD collection.

I'm also guessing that some people out there might like U2, so if you do enjoy the album.

None of the music in your iTunes account belongs to you anyway. It's all borrowed from Apple.

None of the music in your iTunes account belongs to you anyway. It's all borrowed from Apple.

Rubbish.............

I'm not bothered about U2 particularly, made some decent songs in the early days but Bono's over exposure and subsequent poor albums have diluted them, the promotion for this new album with itunes seems to be backfiring with the amount of stick its getting.

Rubbish.............

If you bought it from iTunes, technically it's theirs. Bruce Willis got into a spat with them when he stated he wanted to leave his iTunes collection to his kids when he died. Apple said no.

If you bought it from iTunes, technically it's theirs. Bruce Willis got into a spat with them when he stated he wanted to leave his iTunes collection to his kids when he died. Apple said no.

That Bruce Willis story was made up you know.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2012/sep/03/no-apple-bruce-willis

Regarding the U2 thing - I'm also unhappy about it.

Making something available for free is one thing, forcing it into everyone's collection is another.

By the way, deleting it doesn't remove it from your purchase history.

I find it creepy and worrying that Apple thinks they can force something on users like this. I'm not one for mindless Apple bashing - however this feels wrong to me - it may seem kind of trivial, but the idea that my music collection can be altered by Apple without my consent is very unpleasant.

That Bruce Willis story was made up you know.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2012/sep/03/no-apple-bruce-willis

Regarding the U2 thing - I'm also unhappy about it.

Making something available for free is one thing, forcing it into everyone's collection is another.

By the way, deleting it doesn't remove it from your purchase history.

I find it creepy and worrying that Apple thinks they can force something on users like this. I'm not one for mindless Apple bashing - however this feels wrong to me - it may seem kind of trivial, but the idea that my music collection can be altered by Apple without my consent is very unpleasant.

I got the U2 virus as soon as i synced my phone with bloody itunes. I cant tell you how much i hate itunes and the whole apple thing. This is just another reason why apple sucks and i regret getting one of their products which i may add i didnt buy myself, it was a gift so i feel obliged to try my hardest with the damn thing!!!!

Oh and also, Bono is a two faced hypercritical money mad average singer whos so far up his own bum that his hair smells like poo.

A bit like Apple I suppose, but our cat left a present for us in the kitchen yesterday.