New boiler costs

has anyone had a new boiler fitted recently? what did you get and how much did it cost?

MODS:- please dont tag this to old threads or the central heating megathread.

i dont want to trawl through thousands of posts to find the replies specific to my question.

thanks.

Edited by muckymurphy
add

£2150. Included removing a very old system boiler & associated tanks. Rerouting gas pipes etc & installing a new combi boiler in the same place. New central heating timer & thermostat installed. Also installed a new towel radiator, magnetic filter & power flush. Then the walls & floors were made good and carpets relaid. Corgigasman did an excellent job in 3 days, i would highly recommend him.

Corgigasman always services our boiler top bloke and good rates

corgigasman

Go Large!

Total Posts: 1,460

Hard to estimate without a survey, happy to view job and provide a written quote, cheers, Steve

_______

Available for private domestic work. Ideal approved installer. Tel : 07914356608 Gas-safe : 504850 Not VAT registered so no VAT to pay on any quotes

£2150. Included removing a very old system boiler & associated tanks. Rerouting gas pipes etc & installing a new combi boiler in the same place. New central heating timer & thermostat installed. Also installed a new towel radiator, magnetic filter & power flush. Then the walls & floors were made good and carpets relaid. Corgigasman did an excellent job in 3 days, i would highly recommend him.

what make and model boiler did you get?

Hi go for the Ideal Logic plus boiler it's amazing also if you ever require a free quote let me know cheers jon at JB Heating.

Ideal Logic+ 30. I also had a magnetic filter fitted and some TRVs. I got a Salus wireless thermostat too. No movement or upgrading of pipework involved.

Total cost was £1,455 (this was in May).

I considered a lot of boiler options... the Ideal Logic+ comes with a 7 year warranty and although Ideal had a bad reputation of late, this range is said to be much better and, I think, their confidence in their product is shown in that 7 year warranty.

what make and model boiler did you get?

Boiler was a Logic + combi boiler with a 7yr warranty :-)

Edited by corgigasman

we had someone come to our house saying we could get free loft,cavity insulation and free boiler fitted under the warm house agreement if you earn under £16,000 or on certain benefits

we had someone come to our house saying we could get free loft,cavity insulation and free boiler fitted under the warm house agreement if you earn under £16,000 or on certain benefits

That is correct. Under ECO scheme, if you have qualifying benefits (child benefit, disability etc below £15860) you may qualify for free boiler (assuming existing boiler qualifies) and other energy saving measures. Check out Green Buy site for further info and full details as they can answer all your questions :-)

we dont get any benefits and our income is too high.

we had a quote from a telephone cold call. quote was £3600 for cash or easy terms were £50 per month for 10 YEARS! SILLY ********!

i dont think these companies realise we are not desperate or stupid.

the only reason we are looking at deals on offer is so that our budget will extend to a new kitchen and bathroom as well as replacing the boiler. boiler is at least 15 years old, works fine 99% of time but we are told by eon that our high gas usage is down to the boiler.

Hi,

I am Mike from Met Gas Plumbers and we have Several plumbers working in and around sheffield.

Should you require a free quote please contact me, we can offer various boiler from economy with 2 year warranties to premium with 10 year warranties.

Thanks

Mike