Re-enactment returns to sheffield

howard from event planners who used to do the Sheffield fayre Norfolk park re-enactment each august,has visit the new site at greenhill park lowedges and reported back everything is fine and will personally supervise the whole of the re-enactment arena and all the living history encampments,with this and the two Sheffield groups

knights in battle and escafeld doing living history and battles this will add up to a sensational day in this area alone,add on the funfair at the other end,2 dog arenas and a music/dance arena anda farmers market,250 classic cars,small steam and much more

plus free entry and most activitys free or subsidised we hope to exceed our normal 12-15 thousand footfall,still need stalls,hotfood inc Asian book now via [email protected] hotfood £70 cakes,toys ect £20 coffees/teas £35,discounts for charity thanks

This is brilliant news Basset One.....another fantastic effort to contribute a great event to the local community!!! you are a local gem! anything we can do to help just let me know.....

hopefully weather permitting this will be the biggest and best event ever

only 1 hotfood left and sold 70 stalls already so its all going well,having a final meeting for the re-enactments and the funfair area soon,with decent

weather this should be incredible and the public response to the return to Sheffield of this event has been incredible,so the event as a whole is well on course and will sort you a space if you want one,also we could do some fund

raising for the bonfire event thanks:):):)

Of course re-enactment never went away - Knights In Battle have been based in Sheffield since the late 80s.

And if you want to be on the field, fighting or doing Living History rather than standing on the sidelines watching, come and join us. Not just for Lowedges Festival, but major events like the Battles of Tewkesbury (up to 2000 combatants!) and Bosworth (best fight of the year - except that we all die!) and a great social side to the society. Start training now and you could be a combatant on the field by the time of Lowedges Festival. See you some Wednesday night...

You might just see me Jive Knight! I doubt I'll be able to fight again anytime soon... but living history is definitely doable (once I work out how to disguise my crutches!)

You still the same time and place?

hi ,its great to have knights in battle and escafeld our very own Sheffield re-enactments at the lowedges festival alongside the re-enactment groups that were at Norfolk park,a full list will be published soon and timetable for the battles,plus of course there will be a great display of living history,there also be a list of bands/dance groups for the music arena(please note well away from the re-enactment)theres also the funfair and dog agility arenas and dog show arena,70 stalls booked in first month,but still taking bookings for indoor or outdoor stalls,1 hotfood only left,wanted tea/coffee,cakes and

jewellery ,toys ect to book email [email protected] thanks

You might just see me Jive Knight! I doubt I'll be able to fight again anytime soon... but living history is definitely doable (once I work out how to disguise my crutches!)

You still the same time and place?

Yes, every Wednesday night at St Augustine's Church, Brocco Bank, 7.30 till 9.30.

Don't feel any pressure to be a fighter - a large proportion of the group prefer to concentrate on the Living History and crafts angle.

They did have crutches in medieval times - they just weren't as lightweight and efficient as modern ones. I'm sure our woodcrafters could manage a pair!

hi all we might have a hospital re-enactment tent at the re-enactment area,does that help,we could have a true member of the cast,but hope you are better by august and we all have a great day,with ww1,ww2,13th,14th,15th century re-enactments and American civil war,cannons,guns and a huge catapult,it really good theres so much intrest and we may even better our 15 thousand crowds of the past (except last year when we had a hurricane on the day)thank you everyone,hope we get more messages on ideas ect

now got new and more info after a 2 hour meeting we are now having the following

escafeld medieval society 1 hour show,knights in battle 1 hour show,plus combat displays by roman,medieval,english civil war,napoleonic and ww2 renactors as we stage a multi-period show within a show,watching exciting arena displays,explore the living encampments,compare the different uniforms,armour and period weaponery,chat to the friendly re-enactors and even try it yourself thanks

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 11:29 ----------

latest news from event planers for the first ever

SOLDIERS THROUGH THE AGES AT THE LOWEDGES FESTIVAL

come along and enjoy living history and other displays by roman ,medieval,english civil war.napoleonic and ww1,ww2,re-enactors as we stage a multi-period show within a show at this huge event,watch exciting arena displays as never seen before in lowedges,

explore the living history encampments,compare the different uniforms,armour and weaponery,chat with the friendly actors,try a army drill,see a ww2 skirmish in the gigantic arena,discover how the roman army conquered most of the world,plus a lot more to be announced all enquires for stalls,note hot food sold out,icecream sold out,

but still tea/coffee,wanted icedrinks,toys,cold food ect ,charity discounts,indoor arts crafts low prices book now email [email protected]

much awaited time table to be released w/c23rd march also list of re-enactment groups

also funfair list with freebies,classic vehicles and sponsors all to be announced thank you all for your patience