Mobile phone reception

hi I have just bought a new galaxy s phone from 02 and found out that south yorks and north east Derbyshire have not got 4 G coverage yet anyone know when I will come here I thought he whole country would be covered by now but I found lots of places haven't got it apart from of course London and the south why are they always the first to get new stuff and us northerners are the last I think gods own country should be the first for once

It's definitely available in Sheffield...But I'm on EE...But it's a bit flaky depending where you are in Sheff

I thought he whole country would be covered by now but I found lots of places haven't got it

Ofcom didn't sell the radio spectrum for 4G until last year, so most networks have not had very much time to install the kit to run it.

EE got ahead of the game as they had some spare spectrum to use so they were nearly a year ahead of everyone else with their 4G rollout.

I'm on O2 and get very good 4G reception in and around Sheffield.

I'm on 3. Have good 4G reception in a lot of Sheffield, but in some places 3G only.

I am on 02 and i have 4G

I'm on Three, on one side of the house I get one bar 4G, on the other side full bars with HSPA.

hi I have just bought a new galaxy s phone from 02 and found out that south yorks and north east Derbyshire have not got 4 G coverage yet anyone know when I will come here I thought he whole country would be covered by now but I found lots of places haven't got it apart from of course London and the south why are they always the first to get new stuff and us northerners are the last I think gods own country should be the first for once

You are joking of course.

I've just come back from Dorset and there are mobile blind spots all over the place and the B/B speed/ reception is a joke.

My daughter was staying in a village pub and the only way she could make a call was sitting on the bathroom window sill.

Even here in East Kent there are blind spots, our back garden for a start.OK at the front.!

4G in our dreams.:roll:

Anyone else on EE not able to make calls? My phone is just doing a single bleep when ever I try make a call