The 7p man on Fargate

I asked him why he wanted 7p & he said to buy a first class stamp. I explained how the cost of a stamp is broken down & that 7p would hardly cover 10% of those costs & that a first class stamp today was 62p.

I also explained about the wholesale decimation of rural & sub-rural Post Offices due to governmental sell offs, competition from private couriers & increased use of modern technology although that was somewhat offset by the meteoric rise in on-line shopping.

He thanked me profusely, shook my hand & gave me 10p as a thank you - has anyone else had the same experience???

I didn't like to see the Indian lady begging on fargate last month, holding a broken polystyrene cup and pretending to have mobility issues. I said to her "why are you begging in this countrone should be begging in this country, no one begs here.' I told the about the archer project. She now where's a high vis vest and a big issue In her hand.

How are her mobility issues now??

What do you mean, gonna? Who was that fella I gave 5p yesterday?

Damn, someone's beat me to it!

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 16:52 ----------

I'll do it for three pence

Damn you! :rant:

:hihi:

How are her mobility issues now??

She's made a full recovery.

I didn't like to see the Indian lady begging on fargate last month, holding a broken polystyrene cup and pretending to have mobility issues. I said to her "why are you begging in this countrone should be begging in this country, no one begs here.' I told the about the archer project. She now where's a high vis vest and a big issue In her hand.

there are three of them and are roma slovak.. one is now selling big issues other two still beg with their cups

7p ? ok? random amount

Edited by nikonman

yer and most of the beggers have a new car and a house and tones of money. just do it cause they no people will fall for it. charity starts at home. charities are just legalised scams...

I know ill get abuse for this but I don't care. ill never donate or give these scroungers any thing