Broomhill Eyesore

Broomhill is looking quite vibrant these days however something sticks out like an ugly fat worthy thumb; the new 'Crispy Duck Cafe' sign. Blood red type on a black background?! With differing typefaces? What an ugly eyesore it is!

Sign is design to get your attention, looks like its doing a great job

Broomhill is looking quite vibrant these days however something sticks out like an ugly fat worthy thumb; the new 'Crispy Duck Cafe' sign. Blood red type on a black background?! With differing typefaces? What an ugly eyesore it is!

What about the old KFC unit, that has been an eyesore for years

I agree with the OP but even more so regarding KFC. I still struggle to understand how it failed to survive in such a heavily populated area.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but it is mine. I sure wish it would re-open and save me a journey down Ecclesall Road or to Owlerton.

Where is the KFC unit?

Round the corner on Crookes Road, between Costa Coffee and Prithi Raj.

Broomhill must have a serious lack of social problems if a shop sign is your only problem.

Broomhill must have a serious lack of social problems if a shop sign is your only problem.

It does it's true! Quite a pathetic post really from me. I've recently moved here from page hall. Location location location will never be underestimated again.

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 16:24 ----------

Round the corner on Crookes Road, between Costa Coffee and Prithi Raj.

I've just been and had a look. You know the council have a budget to turn disused shops into either cafés, charity shops or art galleries. Which is the reason for so many charity shops popping up. You know only 5% of the art work owned by sheffield council (paid for by public taxes) has ever been on display?! I'm gonna approach them about a possible art gallery here, with a decent sign!

---------- Post added 10-09-2014 at 16:31 ----------

http://commercialpropertyonline.co.uk/property/SMC+Chartered+Surveyors/5+Crookes+Road+Sheffield+S10+5BA/77634

15 grand a year is twice the price that guitar shack pay the council for a shop of the same size.. Plus the security is gonna cost abit. But there must be a budget that needs spending before the council use it to balance the books.

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2pj34fz3dx8j9z50tzpaz2u tis so ugly isn't it! Just emailed the council with my proposition. How can they say no?

Edited by cleveland

I agree with the OP but even more so regarding KFC. I still struggle to understand how it failed to survive in such a heavily populated area.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but it is mine. I sure wish it would re-open and save me a journey down Ecclesall Road or to Owlerton.

It wasnlt closed down due to lack of trade, it was closed down as most of the staff were illegal immigrants.

You know only 5% of the art work owned by sheffield council (paid for by public taxes) has ever been on display?!

Correction: Is ever on display - most of it has been displayed publicly and some of it is in private parts of council-controlled buildings and was not bought to be shown publicly. At some point in the past a lot of work was bought as an investment and a lot of it was paid for by rich benefactors (ie the steel works and so on).

Correction: Is ever on display - most of it has been displayed publicly and some of it is in private parts of council-controlled buildings and was not bought to be shown publicly. At some point in the past a lot of work was bought as an investment and a lot of it was paid for by rich benefactors (ie the steel works and so on).

Ah, thank you. I need me facts right. The council want me to put together a plan and approach them personally, in front of a panel I believe. I could do with getting in this place and taking a look around. Might email them about it.

It wasnlt closed down due to lack of trade, it was closed down as most of the staff were illegal immigrants.

Makes you wonder why nobody else has tried to give it a go up there then.