Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

I used andrewsdriving.co.uk a family run business who are really friendly. You can definitely tell the difference between a nice small business compared to a large org who treats you like a number. Go with someone who can spare you time for proper attention. Andrews Driving are can provide cheap driving lessons all over Sheffield

I used andrewsdriving.co.uk a family run business who are really friendly. You can definitely tell the difference between a nice small business compared to a large org who treats you like a number. Go with someone who can spare you time for proper attention. Andrews Driving are can provide cheap driving lessons all over Sheffield

Thanks for your reply, I will check them out.

Come, come. I hold no brief for any driving school but the larger driving school organisations may respond differently to an enquiry at the initial contact point (you’ll know it’s a call-centre) but, after that, the pupil experience will depend entirely on the individual instructor.

It could be argued that the in-car training materials on offer are likely to be more professionally presented but you could find an instructor who has given up a large organisation but still uses their materials. The larger organisations are also more likely to encourage their franchisees to undergo further (professional development) training than the smaller units.

Driving instruction involves remote, unsupervised workers and, as such in a day-to-day reality, is a “cottage industry” - there is good, bad and indifferent in every type of L-plated car.

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a good driving instructor who can cover S13 postcode anyday after 5 p.m. Cheers

Wife needs a refresher course in driving as she has not driven for a few years. She has a full UK driving licence but needs a refresher course.

Can anyone recommend an instructor convenient for Wincobank S9

Oscar 1979

not driven for a while and could do with a confidence booster - live S11

I would have thought any driving school would offer you some refresher lessons

Hello,

Is anyone able to recommend a driving instructor in the Sheffield S20 Chrystal Peaks area/Halfway area please - enquiry is for my daughter who would like to start taking driving lessons please?

Thank you.

A bit of a long shot but does anyone know of a driving instructor in the Sheffield area who has experience of dealing with autistic learners?

My friend's daughter is trying to learn to drive but due to her autism, she often has trouble understand where she's making mistakes or in taking critical advice on board.

Not being autistic myself it can be hard for me to understand such problems but they are real and it's proving something of an impediment to her.

Does anyone know of any cheap and GOOD driving lessons in Sheffield?

Does anyone know of any cheap and GOOD driving lessons in Sheffield?

How low a price would be cheap?

Presumably, you want to do as little as you can to pass a test.

No, is the probable answer.

I’m so glad I’m not involved in this “cheap as chips and GOOD” market.

Can't find a similar thread since 2009- so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a five day driving course in Sheffield or nearby? My son has been taking lessons and has passed his theory test so any pointers would be useful thanks.

---------- Post added 23-08-2018 at 10:26 ----------

Well this is a pretty useless thread- I haven't been on SF for ages and it definitely isn't what it used to be...:(