Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

Hi guys.

Looking for an instructor that is flexible and can fit more than one or two sessions a week in for a complete beginner, late evenings or weekends.

Edited by DC89216

My mum wants to have a refresher course in an automatic car. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The family car is automatic which is why she wants the refresher course in an automatic.

My mum wants to have a refresher course in an automatic car. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The family car is automatic which is why she wants the refresher course in an automatic.

I know someone who would be well-placed to deliver such training.

Private message me for further info'.

Hi, about 2 years ago I learned to drive with an instructor and now my brother is learning but I can't find his number. He was private so there is no company to call and can't find him online. His name is David looks around age 50 and wears glasses. He drove a nissan and charged £16.50 a lesson. Just wondering if anyone knows who he is and could either post his number below or message it me?

Thanks

I'm looking for an automatic instructor who can get to S12? I'm looking to do 2 x 90 minute lessons a week. I can take 1 afternoon off a week for an earlier start but the other lesson say around 6pm midweek or earlier on a weekend? Ideally very alert but patient and able to build confidence through encouragement. I'm able to pay for block bookings after a successful lesson or 2. PM me please.

Please recommend an intensive driving course instructer who covers S6. I'm after this as a present for my son. There are too many options when googled, so please help! Thanks in advance.

try and find one which teaches them how to indicate, and/or doesn't tell them they can immediately forget what they've learnt the second they've passed their test!

Please don't move this mods, my post in the driving lessons thread is lost in all the other responses!

So has anyone recently passed their test using an intensive driving course? If so, can you recommend an instructer please? It's a Xmas pressie for my son who is in S6.

---------- Post added 21-11-2017 at 18:24 ----------

So it got moved anyway. :rolleyes: I wouldn't have posted it if I was getting any replies from this 'mega thread'. Thanks for nothing.

I used andrewsdriving.co.uk a family run business who are really friendly. You can definitely tell the difference between a nice small business compared to a large org who treats you like a number. Go with someone who can spare you time for proper attention. Andrews Driving are can provide cheap driving lessons all over Sheffield

I used andrewsdriving.co.uk a family run business who are really friendly. You can definitely tell the difference between a nice small business compared to a large org who treats you like a number. Go with someone who can spare you time for proper attention. Andrews Driving are can provide cheap driving lessons all over Sheffield

Thanks for your reply, I will check them out.

Come, come. I hold no brief for any driving school but the larger driving school organisations may respond differently to an enquiry at the initial contact point (you’ll know it’s a call-centre) but, after that, the pupil experience will depend entirely on the individual instructor.

It could be argued that the in-car training materials on offer are likely to be more professionally presented but you could find an instructor who has given up a large organisation but still uses their materials. The larger organisations are also more likely to encourage their franchisees to undergo further (professional development) training than the smaller units.

Driving instruction involves remote, unsupervised workers and, as such in a day-to-day reality, is a “cottage industry” - there is good, bad and indifferent in every type of L-plated car.

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a good driving instructor who can cover S13 postcode anyday after 5 p.m. Cheers