Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

Hi all

Having a nightmare finding available independent instructors, but have seen that the AA in my area (Bradway) have decent availability. The available instructors to me are Ian Andrew Shaw and David John Ashcroft. Has anyone had their lessons with these chaps? I don't like mentioning names, but there is a lot of money on the line so would be grateful if you could share any thoughts.

Cheers

Hi all

Having a nightmare finding available independent instructors, but have seen that the AA in my area (Bradway) have decent availability. The available instructors to me are Ian Andrew Shaw and David John Ashcroft. Has anyone had their lessons with these chaps? I don't like mentioning names, but there is a lot of money on the line so would be grateful if you could share any thoughts.

Cheers

Have you tried Robert @ ART of driving?

Hi im new on here and apologise in advance if i do this wrong,

i am trying to trace my daughters old driving instructor the ad on the car just said james and he was covering the s12 area. any help would be much appreciated thank you

Recommendations on good driving instructors had plenty of lessons be4 but very nervous

Does anyone have any recommendations for instructors of automatic cars? I'm a nervous beginner.

Any recommendations ?

I’m looking for driving lessons and just getting a feel for how many I may need (S14 area) . I've driven scooters/bikes for the last 12 years as I work in town with parking cost. I've been having informal lessons with a friend up at Lightwood but got as far as we can really. I've passed my theory test in the summer – I was going to do an intensive course but someone said I might not need many lessons? , I’m 33 and quite big/tall so would need a descent size car .

Edited by mwain6969

Hi

I've done a quick search but can't find any recent threads.

For the past few months my Girlfriend has been trying to find a driving instructor for lesson in between the City Centre and Netheredge, and for whatever reason none are available, she has passed her theory test and has had lessons in a previous city, coventry so its not a total newbie.

After these months of looking she's getting very (understandably) frustrated, shes been on several waiting list to never be contacted back and is finding it hard to find anyone.

Do people believe an intensive course is a good option? (she has found a couple of places willing to do one) its an expensive investment so want to be sure before diving in.

Thank you for any help

Gunstar I have availability for a pupil to start asap. Had a few passes this week so got spare slots. Message me if interested and i'll give you my number cheers.

Personally i try to get my pupils to get their theory done asap. Then after that book their test and progress at a suitable level up to the test. Test times are coming around to june now. Therefore an eight week wait which is easily achievable. :D

Hiya - I need to earn to drive asap AUTOMATC).and am looking in the S6 area, Everyone seems to be booked up! Surely this can't be the case... please message if you can help...

Alison.

Edited by Alison44

The driver training market is predominantly 'geared' towards manual transmissions :P

God knows how the rest of the world survive on automatics :rolleyes:

Hi- Isn't there ANYONE who can just give me a few automatic driving lessons ANYWHERE in Sheffield? Have been going down the google list but they all seem to be fully booked/ unavailable/don't do S6 area. I'm looking to do a few lessons, five or six, maybe and then go on to an intensive course. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Im looking for a driving instructor reasonably priced with a good sucess rate , possiably to do an intense course in the sheffield area thank you for reading