Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

Hello do anyone know of any cheap and good driving instructors near Sheffield 9, I want to take driving lessons

Thanks

Waqaar

Hi guys can anyone recommend a nice jolly positive driving instructor . I went with drive dynaamics and the instructer i got is so rude she almist yells at me tells me that why cant i get hold of driving its too simple and i cant understand in short shes discouraged me to the point that i want to give up my lessons going for auto.atic have had 5 lessons . Can anyone suggest someone who is positive and polite ....

What makes me cringe is the way so many of them cancel lessons at the last minute then expect you to just accept it. Yet if you are ill they charge you full price for missing a lesson.

Rudeness is very common among our driving instructors in this city.

What makes me cringe is the way so many of them cancel lessons at the last minute then expect you to just accept it. Yet if you are ill they charge you full price for missing a lesson.

Rudeness is very common among our driving instructors in this city.

I wonder how you can make such statements. How many instructors have you been involved with yourself or have direct or indirect knowledge of?

I wonder how you can make such statements. How many instructors have you been involved with yourself or have direct or indirect knowledge of?

Direct knowledge of three.

In addition, I have spoken to several other people. Did you not ever hear about folks insistent on learners doing two hours,at a time? Doesn't suit all people, nor al pockets. When they let you down, no consequences. When you fail to give 48 hours notice, you pay without having a lesson.

Direct knowledge of three.

In addition, I have spoken to several other people. Did you not ever hear about folks insistent on learners doing two hours,at a time? Doesn't suit all people, nor al pockets. When they let you down, no consequences. When you fail to give 48 hours notice, you pay without having a lesson.

Wow, as many as 3!

Could be as a result of you and your acquaintances going for "cheap and good" - the driving instructor market attracts all sorts: professional and never-been-near-professional - guess where "cheap" sits in that spectrum?

My experience tells me that 1-hr and 90-minute lessons are more the norm and that there's give and take and flexibility between instructor and pupil. Lesson cancellations on both parts happen and T&C's should have been agreed. I know of plenty instructors who do not charge for cancelled lessons for fear of upsetting/losing the pupils (soft? Yes) but if it happens regularly the instructor walks away from it understandably.

If it is 2-hr lessons, you are right, it is not everyone's cup of tea or within everyone's budget so the pupil has the chance to move on to the next instructor.

Nothing to do with rudeness or rip-off, purely business decisions.

One is 26 pounds an hour, top end of market..automatic and insists on 2 hr lessons. Another 23 pounds per hour, insists on two hour lessons too.

Not bottom end, top end..where price is concerned. Appreciate your reply though DTRalge.

Hi, can anyone recommend an automatic driving instructor in S2 please.

Hi, can anyone recommend an automatic driving instructor in S2 please.

Ring No Gears, its John Barker.I will pm you his number.

can anyone recommend any auto driving instructors that cover wybourn/manor area please. im fed up of public transport so its time to drive.

Call Rob Shields driving school, tel-07554015986. He covers your area.

Hi can anyone recommend a good driving school that covers the Shiregreen area please.

Does anyone know if Haydon Ellis still does driving.lessons and a contact.number please? Thanks.