Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

I learnt with: http://www.rivelindrivingschool.co.uk/

He was very patient with a slightly batty, sleep deprived mum and very helpful when his car broke down days before my test. Reasonable prices and block booking discount, will be recommending him to my 17 yr old.

I passed with Hazel, extremely patient. Deffo not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for I suppose.

She's based in Hillsborough from memory.

The website could use a lick of paint also :D

http://hsmsheffield.co.uk/

Hi All, Can anyone please recomend me a good driving instructor in the Hillsborough/Wakley area??

First time learner and wanting to block book if poss.

Try Lynn at Lynn's School of Motoring at Stannington excellent instructor and does block bookings as well

I'm after a driving instructor that covers the S8 area and has availability in the evening. Will contact those recommended already, but if you're an instructor with evening availability please feel free to PM me.

Ta.

I've been having private lessons in my own car & now want to do a mock test run to see where I'm at from a professional stand point, can anyone recommend a good instructor to do this?

Hi

Im looking for someone who can help coach my daughter through a theory test and at least a couple of lessons a week to get her test 'ready'. She's had an instructor but he's kept cancelling, often at last minute so we need someone who can commit some time.

Thanks

Hi

Im looking for someone who can help coach my daughter through a theory test and at least a couple of lessons a week to get her test 'ready'. She's had an instructor but he's kept cancelling, often at last minute so we need someone who can commit some time.

Thanks

Coaching your daughter through a theory test could be unnecessarily expensive - maybe expense is no barrier? - if it is, is your daughter a "reader"?

If so, she should read the Highway Code and the DVSA's "Driving: the essential skills" before embarking on theory test and hazard perception app's and websites.

(Google "DVSA theory" but avoid the out of date sites - a few years back they stopped publishing the question databank but then more recently (commercial pressures) launched a subscription theory revision and testing website ... but I can't locate the link right now ...)

Edit:

Here goes:

https://www.dvsalearningzone.co.uk/shop/car-theory

Edited by DT Ralge

Thanks for all your messages, now sorted.

Re the theory test - she's good at knowledge its the hazard perception part. She sees them (well as far as I can see) but I don't know what's gone wrong. Apparently clicking too early or too many times can lead to a fail.

Thanks for all your messages, now sorted.

Re the theory test - she's good at knowledge its the hazard perception part. She sees them (well as far as I can see) but I don't know what's gone wrong. Apparently clicking too early or too many times can lead to a fail.

You can use the Library online for your Theory Test free of charge. I've used this and have recently passed my theory test no issues. The hazard perception video element of this software let's you review the clip and a red area in the timeline will show when scoring commences and ends. This should give her a bit of understanding of the length of time she has when an hazard commences and how long the scoring is. There's normally one hazard to score per clip, but two can also develop, as well as in the test! None of the clips were in my test, but I passed and have my didn't test booked! I recommend the software if yout daughter is not already using it?

You can use the Library online for your Theory Test free of charge. I've used this and have recently passed my theory test no issues. The hazard perception video element of this software let's you review the clip and a red area in the timeline will show when scoring commences and ends. This should give her a bit of understanding of the length of time she has when an hazard commences and how long the scoring is. There's normally one hazard to score per clip, but two can also develop, as well as in the test! None of the clips were in my test, but I passed and have my didn't test booked! I recommend the software if yout daughter is not already using it?

Thanks - I'll get her onto that.

Anyone know of or heard of a school in sheffield called Jennys?

Hello,

I'm looking for Driving Lessons for my Partner. She's a nervous person so it would need someone with the patience of a saint please! :)

She would prefer someone with a Seat Ibiza as that's what she'll be driving when she passes her test.

Does anyone have any recommendations please? We are in S11.

Thanks in advance.