Sign in to follow this  

Virgin's VIP unlimited package.

Is it truly unlimited data ? :suspect:

I understand tethering would be excluded, which is fine. :)

I think it's 3.5GB then you get slowed right down during peak hours, something like that. So 'traffic managed' rather than 'limited' :)

It's also worth having a look at Three's SIM-only plans if you're looking at a new deal. There's a £15 plan with unlimited phone data plus 4GB can be used tethered. Traffic management is generally on congested cell towers at peak times to make it usable, not a blanket cap. 4G capability too.

If you go abroad to e.g. the USA or Ireland, or various other European countries, you can use your minutes and texts and free incoming calls as if you were at home, plus 25GB data on your phone (no tethering abroad though).

I got a Three SIMO earlier in the year, and get unlimited tethering, since the demise of Origin/Digital region, it has been my sole connection at home, I have racked up over 100gb in the last 15 days, its been great. 4G too, and I was able to use it in France which is a plus. However as above for new signups its only 4gb tether now.