Whats on fire in Chapeltown / north Sheffield?

looks like its demolished the building is it still going?

and were surrounding buildings ok?

It was just about on it's knees when I left an hour ago - but it seemed to have started in the second building to the north, but had spread into the taller one.

Just looked out of my window, is still going. The explosions are rattling my doors!

Is it the building next to the green recycling place?

is it the police side of the bridge? I know someone with a business down there

Is the other side of the bridge - click on my last pic, I put a little map up :-)

BBC radio 5Live have just put out a message from the fire brigade advising local residents to make sure all doors and windows are closed due to the acrid thick black smoke from the fire.

thanks for that- glad its not the business- but sounds bad-hope its under control soon and that no one is hurt

I think they had it contained - it wasn't moving into the surrounding buildings.

I just hope the big explosion didn't hurt anyone fighting the fire, it was just incredible, if it shook my house from half a mile away I wouldn't have like to have been 10 feet away!

thats the problem with some works, stuff like o2 cylinders blowing up, dangerous for fire service

Ah just reading - I thought was two buildings joined together, but looks to be separate establishments. As long as it doesn't spread to the unit to the west, that is about 300 yards long.

the big building is massive

what's in it?