Wild Camping - Any suggestions?

Just get thi sen out lad, bugger all you can't go here and you can't go there, land owners take a fiver a head to let you have a giggle on there mud pits, I've done it loads of time with the lad's, don't be worried man go for it, that's why it's called "wild camping"

Just get thi sen out lad, bugger all you can't go here and you can't go there, land owners take a fiver a head to let you have a giggle on there mud pits, I've done it loads of time with the lad's, don't be worried man go for it, that's why it's called "wild camping"

Don't get me wrong here, i wild camp a lot, but in reality it's no different than someone rocking up in your garden and having a fire, though when you are talking peat moorland there is a HUGE difference. it's why there's an unwritten code amongst responsible wild campers that you don't start fires in the Peak. and why would you want to anyway ?

I'd also like to know how you adhere to a "leave no trace policy" but have a fire ?

We would have a pit for a fire and cover it over after. leaving as little trace as possible. I understand that it may be frowned upon and will be in touch with peak rangers to see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions - very helpful

Hi All

I was just about to post a thread asking about what is required by people for "wild" or "rough" camping when I came across this old thread which seems to have a number of "rough campers" posting about it.

So let me ask you all what do you hope to find on site and do you expect to pay?

Wild camping is I thought as it sounds. No site no facilities you and mother nature together. Pitch your tent where you fancy in the beautiful countryside. Maybe Mailbottle Wild Camping is a little to basic for you....

Wild camping is I thought as it sounds. No site no facilities you and mother nature together. Pitch your tent where you fancy in the beautiful countryside. Maybe Mailbottle Wild Camping is a little to basic for you....

That's debatable there is a site on Tattersall Lakes that do wild camping its on the grounds in the wooded area and you are allowed fires but it is in the actual park were the caravans and camping are so hardly out in the wilds but its pretty rough going if you like that kind of thing

I'm looking for a site near Sheffield to Wild Camp - I've asked around in North Yorkshire and basically its a no no there!

We did this in Ireland and as long as you leave no trace, which we are very careful to do, it isn’t a problem.

Does anyone know of anywhere around Sheffield where we could do this? That would allow fires and ideally with car access?

Thanks

This should meet your needs.

http://squirrelwood.org.uk/camping/backwoods/