Cheap Large Throws

We have a cat. cat is showing tendencies to scratch sofas. Just need a couple of large cheap throws to cover double sofas. Any ideas?

chairty shops or TJ Hughes or Wilkinsons, BHS, B&M, Home Bargains.

Buy or make a scratching post. When cat starts to scratch sofas pick up cat and put it's front paws on scratching post. You may find that unless the throws are huge or attached to the back of the settee the cat will just pull the throws down and still scratch the sofa.

Above - IKEA do some good ones but they are plain coloured so cat hair might show up a lot on them. Have had quality ones from TJHughes in past.

Charity shops are your best bet.

When a cat needs to scratch it needs a place to do it.

dhs1 suggestion best one so far.

We had to wean our cat from the living room door by velcroing a sisal mat to the edge she liked to swing on, get her used to swinging on the door with her claws in sisal and then transferring her to a massive scratch post.

She still occasionally swings on the door (she's 16 now) just to remind us it was her who decided to stop.

Thanks guys. she already has scratching posts (near the sofa in fact) but she likes the odd scratch on the sofa as well

Thanks guys. she already has scratching posts (near the sofa in fact) but she likes the odd scratch on the sofa as well

Aluminum foil or double sided tape on the areas where the cat scratches... It worked for us and the cat has never gone back to our couches to scratch.

Also, if possible, try to move the post(s) near the couch so the cat goes towards that rather than the furniture.

We have throws on everything,scratching posts everywhere,coconut mats in front of every door,and guess what, my cats still destroy everything,we call it customising.

So my advise is.either resign yourself to the fact that you can't have a posh house AND a cat,or find it a new home,but please don't come to me,I have six cooking fats already.

I love them like children really,honest!

You can't just train the cat to not scratch the sofa???