David Crompton should resign

Let's be clear here. The primary reason for the petition is the lack of proper policing in our community, Hexthorpe. We have spoken to members of Page Hall and Eastwood communities too, and they have said the same. The police are not doing their job. It is for this reason primarily that we wish to seek David Crompton's resignation. He was in charge whilst the problems have arisen and is in charge now as the problems continue.

We were offered a 6 week initiative here in Hexthorpe, called Operation Alliance, where the police were supposed to be stamping down on anti social behaviour and crime. The initiative ended and we are back to square one. The anti social behaviour continues, as does the crime. only last night a serious knife incident resulted in 4 men being arrested and 2 of them being stabbed. There have been several knife related incidents here where no arrests were made and the reports of the incidents were not followed up.

After having spoken to representatives of the other communities, we know that what we are going through they are too. It's OK defending Crompton, but if his force is providing an ineffective and unreliable service, he must accept responsibility for that. Quite amused how people come to his defense, but refuse to acknowledge that he gets paid a large salary to accept that responsibility!!

I see what you are driving at BUT.....I know only too well that most senior officers in any police force, do not earn or are not worth the huge salaries they get.(Don't work shifts, work office hours in nice warm offices far removed from reality in general, free cars etc etc) But I find it impossible to blame one individual such as Crompton. If there are knife crimes etc in any area, the police are only as good as the information they get as to the culprits unless they catch them in the act in which case the police act very well and very professionally(but I`m talking about the low ranking police here not the high rankers on high salaries) But if these so called communities don t come up with any information or indeed as in many case for reasons known to themselves, literally hide the culprits, with a wall of silence or even supply false alibies, then what can the police do. I think this is a case where many of the so called members of the community have a responsibility to stand up to be counted and shop these knife wielding thugs. I repeat I cannot see how we can blame the police here.

Sorry but that is absolute twaddle! There have been several incidents of knife crime reported to the police and the police have not followed through with investigating the incidents, despite people being prepared to be witnesses.

You are excusing the police and blaming the community, and I can tell you now that is absolute rubbish. Even the police have admitted there have been shortcomings on their part. We fully understand that the police have an uphill struggle, but when senior police officers cannot offer long term strategies and ignore serious policing issues then the person who has overall responsibility must uphold that responsibility. Being offered short term initiatives with no consultation on what happens at the end of those initiatives is not responsible or effective policing!

Sorry but that is absolute twaddle! There have been several incidents of knife crime reported to the police and the police have not followed through with investigating the incidents, despite people being prepared to be witnesses.

You are excusing the police and blaming the community, and I can tell you now that is absolute rubbish. Even the police have admitted there have been shortcomings on their part. We fully understand that the police have an uphill struggle, but when senior police officers cannot offer long term strategies and ignore serious policing issues then the person who has overall responsibility must uphold that responsibility. Being offered short term initiatives with no consultation on what happens at the end of those initiatives is not responsible or effective policing!

Sorry I cannot agree I have written twaddle as you so eloquently put it. I have had direct experience of certain `members of a community`who committed a number of crimes. These members of the community were well known to the police who promptly arrested them. What happened, others in this so called community, went to the Police station and told porkies giving the Police alibies for there mates and the police then promptly had no choice but to let them go.

Are you saying this sort of thing never happens?, are you saying that if certain members of the community they live in, get arrested that his/her mates will abandon them to their fate or if asked by the Police if they witnessed their mate doing this crime that they will say "yes officer I`ll give you a statement to help convict them". If you do then you are not so aware of the lengths some will go to, to protect their mates as you may think you are.

I do not say the Police are blameless, but neither are all `communities`. Maybe we could agree that both sections of society have there faults and each should take equal blame for the problems we ALL face today. And if you don't agree with that then sir, I can say no more.....

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 17:47 ----------

sorry `there mates` should read "their mates"

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 17:50 ----------

Then there is of course the problem on CPS solicitors putting obstacles in everyones way !!!! making it almost impossible to convict anyone for anything at all

I don't doubt that there are certain elements within our community that will not cooperate with the police, but you placed a blanket assumption on all of our community, and it is for reason I said you were talking twaddle. Have you bothered to read any of the other posts I made, especially the one regarding 101 calls? You also said that you failed to see how the police were to blame and then backtracked saying that both the community and the police were to blame.

On the point of crime going incorrectly reported and then not being followed up, I have experienced this myself, as has another close family member in a seperate incident. In my case, I asked a man to stop shouting in the early hours of the morning at the front of my house. I was then threatened with a knife, with the man threatening to kill me, my family and all the English. His words. By the time the police got there he had gone into his house. The police knocked on his door, and after a minute walked away as there was no answer. They said they couldn't do anything as he had probably fallen asleep. I heard nothing more except for when I called them. When I did I was informed that it had been recorded as a non-racial anti social incident. If that isn't poor policing I don't know what isn't. My experience is certainly not unique here in Hexthorpe, and there have been numerous cases of incidents not being reported properly or being dealt with by an inappropriate response. How in the hell is that the fault of the community???

This is England not The Islamic State or Nazi Germany, we can not just go around locking up people up and deporting them because they are different and their values are not the same as ours. If only the native Indians could have done that to the English Colonial Rulers going over there and imposing their values on the locals. Mind you, we do that today when our larger louts invade places like Turkey and Spain and our lasses lay topless on the beach.

At what point has anyone who's posted here said lock them up and deport them? Or even suggested that?

At what point has anyone who's posted here said lock them up and deport them? Or even suggested that?

My apologies, I must have got it wrong. I thought you wanted David Crompton's head because he was not doing enough to solve the problem, sorry.

You've lost me here. Yes I would like to see Crompton resign from his post due to the poor policing in our community and others like Page Hall and Eastwood, but how does that translate to lock them up and then deport them?

Either way he would end up with a golden handshake, which is even worse!

Anybody watch the HASC meeting today - http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15908

Crompton on from 41 mins in , you can watch it on the link above on replay.

Lost count of the number of times Keith Vaz used the word incompetent when refering to Crompton and SYP

The watch the BBC bods later on - totally contradict everything he said and they claim they have the evidence to prove it.

Next tues he's back before them along with Shaun Wright

Edited by martynh99

Anybody watch the HASC meeting today - http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15908

Crompton on from 41 mins in

Lost count of the number of times Keith Vaz used the word incompetent when refering to Crompton and SYP

The watch the BBC bods later on - totally contradict everything he said and they claim they have the evidence to prove it.

Next tues he's back before them along with Shaun Wright

I never saw it, but have just found this on the beeb news site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29034230

This guy smacks of sheer incompetence, and seems to have more lives than a cat in his career. He has a long history of incompetence at best and downright dishonesty at worst.

Edited by spb1