David Crompton should resign

We've created a petition calling for the resignation of David Crompton, for the sheer ineptitude that South Yorkshire Police has demonstrated.

http://www.change.org/p/the-home-office-remove-david-crompton-from-his-post-of-chief-constable-for-s-yorks-police?share_id=gFZDMEJDWY&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

He wasn't even in charge when all these things in the news happened so give the guy a break! Poor bloke has to keep apologising for things he had no control over!

He wasn't even in charge when all these things in the news happened so give the guy a break! Poor bloke has to keep apologising for things he had no control over!

Couldn't agree more !!!!!!!!!

agree--look for the real culprits!!

We've created a petition calling for the resignation of David Crompton, for the sheer ineptitude that South Yorkshire Police has demonstrated.

http://www.change.org/p/the-home-office-remove-david-crompton-from-his-post-of-chief-constable-for-s-yorks-police?share_id=gFZDMEJDWY&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Nothing more pathetic than the bleating of the proles in one of its periodic outbursts of moral sanctimonious outrage.

Crompton is an apparatchik, just like the rest of them, its not his fault that he has risen to the top of a greasy pole with very little serious competition.

Its the system that's wrong, corrupt national and local politicians seeking self aggrandizement at the cost of the public. Crompton has to try to deal with them whilst policing an apathetic, needy whinging public which knows its rights but forgets its responsibilities.

I was told in the 60s that one day the public will get the Police service it deserves, it has it. Live with it.

Good Luck Chief Constable, do your best, and when the time is right take your money and run. Its all their worth.

It's current policing issues in Hexthorpe, Page Hall and Eastwood that we are more concerned with, like non reporting of serious crimes, lack of effective policing in terms of anti social behaviour and a whole range of other poor policing issues. He was and is in charge and should be held accountable.

It's current policing issues in Hexthorpe, Page Hall and Eastwood that we are more concerned with, like non reporting of serious crimes, lack of effective policing in terms of anti social behaviour and a whole range of other poor policing issues. He was and is in charge and should be held accountable.

Yes but that's not his fault either. South Yorkshire Police can only act within certain guidelines and laws they are given. This is more of a national problem than to blame on a single police force. It comes down to there not being the physical numbers of officers needed due to budget cuts and the powers to deal with problems effectively. Again problems out of his control!

Yes but that's not his fault either. South Yorkshire Police can only act within certain guidelines and laws they are given. This is more of a national problem than to blame on a single police force. It comes down to there not being the physical numbers of officers needed due to budget cuts and the powers to deal with problems effectively. Again problems out of his control!

You are absolutely right. However, I do not feel the answer is to merely beat up the government for demanding that budgets are cut.

Mr Crompton has to do the best he can with the resources he has. That is obvious. What is needed is a full review of policing nationally.

Central purchasing, cars uniforms and all necessary procurement being done centrally and uniformly must lead to huge savings in expenditure.

Scotland already has a national Police service.

Six Police areas, North East, North West, Midlands, South East (inc London) South West and Wales all commanded by Deputy Commissioners. A national detective agency in the style of the FBI with its own Deputy Commissioner.

Does away with the localized accountability which leads to apathy Political Correctness and institutionalized corruption.

Crompton should be supported and encouraged not threatened and marginalized until change comes.

David Crompton took on a highly paid job that compensates for the accountability the post holds. The buck stops with him whilst he is in office. If there is widespread ineffective policing within South Yorkshire then he must accept responsibility for that, commensurate with the post he holds. The don't blame him argument doesn't wash unfortunately.

If he was a CEO of a business that went bust, the shareholders would be demanding his resignation. Think of him as the CEO and us the shareholders, so why should he not resign? If he cannot formulate effective policing strategies, regardless of budget constraints, then he has no right to be in the role he is. Again, if he was a CEO and the business was struggling, the shareholders would look to him to deliver solutions and not expect him to be all apologetic and say we're stuck here and there's nothing I can do.

Edited by spb1

David Crompton took on a highly paid job that compensates for the accountability the post holds. The buck stops with him whilst he is in office. If there is widespread ineffective policing within South Yorkshire then he must accept responsibility for that, commensurate with the post he holds. The don't blame him argument doesn't wash unfortunately.

If he was a CEO of a business that went bust, the shareholders would be demanding his resignation. Think of him as the CEO and us the shareholders, so why should he not resign? If he cannot formulate effective policing strategies, regardless of budget constraints, then he has no right to be in the role he is. Again, if he was a CEO and the business was struggling, the shareholders would look to him to deliver solutions and not expect him to be all apologetic and say we're stuck here and there's nothing I can do.

I would have more respect for your comments on Sheffield Forum if you had contributed to any other thread on the forum. I did a quick search and I see that your only posts have been about the subject of immigrants and originally about Hexthorpe, which is not in Sheffield. I appreciate you have problems in your community but I don't think we can blame David Crompton for all the ills of the world, he can only work with the tools he has been given. Maybe you should be asking for the government to resign, they provide the tools.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search.php?searchid=27945632&pp=25

I would have more respect for your comments on Sheffield Forum if you had contributed to any other thread on the forum. I did a quick search and I see that your only posts have been about the subject of immigrants and originally about Hexthorpe, which is not in Sheffield. I appreciate you have problems in your community but I don't think we can blame David Crompton for all the ills of the world, he can only work with the tools he has been given. Maybe you should be asking for the government to resign, they provide the tools.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search.php?searchid=27945632&pp=25

Well said Blackbeard. I am as fed up as everyone else is with the situation we are in as a community, quite what would be achieved by Crompton resigning is beyond me. Who would want the job if her goes? We should encourage, empower and support the man.

If ever there was a time for strong leadership it is now. He is not responsible for this collapse of confidence, he could be the man to put it right.