David Crompton should resign

My bold.

I agree we should support David Crompton but would prefer it if you had said " a national detective agency as Scotland Yard used to be." rather than the FBI.

Scotland yard was never a "national detective agency" they had great expertise particularly in difficult murder cases but usually even then were usually used in an advisory role.

Six Police areas, North East, North West, Midlands, South East (inc London) South West and Wales all commanded by Deputy Commissioners. A national detective agency in the style of the FBI with its own Deputy Commissioner.

Which area would you put S Yorkshire? Websites / surveys that give these choices usually put S Yorks in Midlands, North or North East

We are currently getting short term goals, such as the Operation Alliance, that has now ceased. We asked the question then and we ask it now, what the hell happens now?? To date we haven't had a definite strategy. There seems to be a total lack of clarity in how they are going to address these issues long term, and it feels like the buck is being passed on to the community.

If I were the Chief Constable I would keep it simple, investigate the crimes that have been reported. If necessary bring in manpower from other forces. Obtain evidence, make arrests bring the guilty to court.

To hell with political correctness, be a copper.

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 17:23 ----------

Which area would you put S Yorkshire? Websites / surveys that give these choices usually put S Yorks in Midlands, North or North East

North East. But don't get too bogged down on geography, consider the principle.

We've created a petition calling for the resignation of David Crompton, for the sheer ineptitude that South Yorkshire Police has demonstrated.

http://www.change.org/p/the-home-office-remove-david-crompton-from-his-post-of-chief-constable-for-s-yorks-police?share_id=gFZDMEJDWY&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Isn't it the job of Mr Shaun Wright to sort out the failings of SYP?

It won't matter who's in the job, the laws and manpower don't exist to sort it out. It needs a change at national level.

The Home Secretary has not asked David Crompton to resign.

It is the Police and Crime Commissioner, Shaun Wright, who has been asked to resign.

The PCC was a Councillor on Rotherham Council and was in charge of Children Services for a number of years whilst the child grooming was going on.

Sorry, my mistake.

Another example of the problems. Since the problems were raised by our community, we have been constantly told by the police to report as many incidents as we can, so they can get an accurate feel of the frequency and type of incidents, and plan accordingly. We were told to call 101. Great we thought. They are taking us seriously. That was until we started hearing about the problems when residents were calling 101. Many abandoned their calls after the call not being answered after long periods. Because the call is answered automatically and then the caller is put on hold, the caller incurs a phone charge. We've been told frequently that people are waiting 10, 20 or 30 minutes+ for the calls to be answered. Even when the calls are being answered promptly, the callers have faced hostile operators, questioning why they were calling and if it was appropriate to be calling 101, even when the situations being reported were enough to cause distress to those calling. Examples would be of a 101 operator questioning why the caller would call 101 to report a party in the early hours that was causing a disturbance on the whole street. There were more serious issues that are apparently being dealt with too.

It got to the point that the council intervened and set up a hotline at their cost to counter the problems. The matter was raised numerous times to senior police officers, and promises were made on resolving the issues. To date they haven't been.

The 101 service is a matter we all need to take seriously. It's the same across the county and our local Neighbourhood Watch have taken it up without any success. When calls aren't answered, as they often aren't, callers may call 999 - or just give up totally.

The first course may be considered a waste of scarce priority time for urgent emergencies. At best the second means information and offences aren't recorded. At worst it means we, the public, lose confidence in trying to report anything, and some may take the law into their own hands.

Scotland yard was never a "national detective agency" they had great expertise particularly in difficult murder cases but usually even then were usually used in an advisory role.

I must be older than you to remember when they acted as a national resource.

Scotland Yard is the name of the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police which is responsible for most of the policing in Greater London. It has never been a national detective agency, no matter how old you are.

hexthorpe residents have a long up hill battle , take it from me ,eastwood residents or still to this day trying to get issue's sorted in eastwood after 5 years . best of luck hexthorpe residents .

They never did except in an advisory capacity usually dealing with high profile murder.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 13:57 ----------

Scotland Yard is the name of the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police which is responsible for most of the policing in Greater London. It has never been a national detective agency, no matter how old you are.

Le Maquis is quite correct.

The 101 service is a matter we all need to take seriously. It's the same across the county and our local Neighbourhood Watch have taken it up without any success. When calls aren't answered, as they often aren't, callers may call 999 - or just give up totally.

The first course may be considered a waste of scarce priority time for urgent emergencies. At best the second means information and offences aren't recorded. At worst it means we, the public, lose confidence in trying to report anything, and some may take the law into their own hands.

The apathy is already setting in here in Hexthorpe, with many people believing it's a waste of time reporting incidents as they are either going to be written off as something less than what it actually is, or a slow response is going to make the reporting a waste of effort. That leaves us all in a position where both serious and non-serious incidents are going unrecorded and unreported. If it is a national problem, it is one which needs urgent attention, as it skews the real picture of social and crime problems. Maybe the police and government are happy for that to happen, because it makes them look rosier in the statistics? Or maybe it's me being cynical?

hexthorpe residents have a long up hill battle , take it from me ,eastwood residents or still to this day trying to get issue's sorted in eastwood after 5 years . best of luck hexthorpe residents .

Thanks and I'm sure we all appreciate that here in Hexthorpe, I know I do :-)