Boxing Clubs Sheffield

Hi,

I'm a 30 year old female looking for a boxing club to join for fitness and future opportunities to spar/possible fight (once I'm ready). I've trained and done some sparing previously. Can anyone recommend a good club in Sheffield? Thanks!

Where did you train and spar previously? What area of Sheffield would you be willing to travel to?

I'm sure a quick internet search would reveal a few good options. There's the Ingle gym in Wincobank which has produced a few world champions. Glynn Rhodes gym has a good reputation, not sure off the top of my head where that's based but you should find it with an internet search. Manor boxing gym on Prince of Wales road used to be a good gym but I heard it closed down for a number of years and reopened recently so not sure what the situation is there.

Not sure what the best gym would be for a female boxer. When I used to train at Manor and Wincobank gyms there were only a handful of female boxers if any at all. I would recommend either gym as a way of keeping fit but as far as training far a pro fight I'm not sure how many female fighters train there. I imagine many gyms wouldn't allow hard competitive sparring between men and women and that's what you'd need to prepare for a pro fight.

Edited by savage86
post same msg twice. my bad!

If it doesn't have to be just boxing you could try the Sheffield Thai Boxing Gym (aka Wicker Camp) - a very well respected gym with a thriving female membership.

Hey,

thanks for the replies, I trained at an amateur club in Wigan for about a year. Not looking for anything pro, so those clubs you mention sound good, I'll check them out. Thanks for your help!

I box at a gym in worksop, not pro its ama, bit of a travel we have two lasses looking to fight this year on our home show

I hate to think of females taking part in boxing or full contact sports, even just the training. It really isn't that safe and can cause serious health issues to a woman's body. Why not a light martial art like karate instead?