Argh, annoying all night banging rave/party in Handsworth.

It's happening on Coleridge Road (about half a mile from Attercliffe nick) you would have thought they could hear it! :o

Whereabouts on there? Is it still ongoing because I can't hear anything now?

I think the level of annoyance caused is out of order I've been hearing these raves for years and reported them but nothing ever gets done. Ironically I've not heard a single one so far this year I think it depends on if there is any wind and which way its blowing as sometimes it can be heard clearly even with closed windows. Also if I manage to drop into a deep enough sleep before it starts up then I dont hear it. But if that boom boom boom gets into my head its like torture! Really disappointed SYP and council noise team have not got their act together over this. The more people that report it to 101 the more chance there is of action.

Let them if that is what they want that's what they will get.

They will have a better time doing it than someone being all grumpy whining about it.

When I hear people making noise while having a good time I rather feel happy for them than think I am the king of the universe and hundreds have to stop enjoying for me being some grumpy whiner. They don't do it every day.

Weren't you moaning about a bike race shutting some roads?

Weren't you moaning about a bike race shutting some roads?

I moan all day long, any excuse and ill moan about it.

Would not want loud noise near my house and probably would also have a hard time sleeping if that music would go on all night nearby.

But I can say with certainty that my existence is not superior over others and I am not god or the ruler of the universe to say to others they are not allowed to have a noisy party every now or then.

Has been twice now this month lets see if it is going to continue every week on and on, let them have a couple.

First wait and see if there will be another one next week and another one the week after, then do something to reduce the noise.

Stayed with USA friends who lived near an airport, right in the path of the runway. That is ongoing, not just two nights.

3rd week running it has kept me awake am at Handsworth.. I rang 101 so did my neighbour..iv e mailed The Star..why are the police and council allowing this?? It's out of order:nono::nono:

Sometimes i think that Sheffield would love a communist city council.

At least it will be like the old days where everyone can work down a mine or in a tractor factory.

Only organised fun is legal after permission is granted.

Has anyone actually gone out and confirmed that this one little party is causing all of the noise across the city???

Attercliffe is a fair distance from Handsworth, and while I'm sure it's fairly noisy down there it's still only an amateur setup.

It's nothing like the size or volume of the setup they'd use for a festival or outdoor concert.

cracking night again. thanks to all on here who made the effort to turn up. see you all next saturday !

Has anyone actually gone out and confirmed that this one little party is causing all of the noise across the city???

Attercliffe is a fair distance from Handsworth, and while I'm sure it's fairly noisy down there it's still only an amateur setup.

It's nothing like the size or volume of the setup they'd use for a festival or outdoor concert.

It's 100% the parties they hold around Attercliffe (Woodbourne Road and the area off the canal). Sound, especially bass can travel a fair distance. Some of the speaker systems and amps at parties are pretty good.

Like I said earlier, I'm not against free parties/raves. I've attended and still attend many. I'm just not in favour of these ones being held outside so close to homes. There's thousands of houses just up the road from these areas.

The organisers have to show a little more compassion to these people living there. Eventually something will give and the police wont only clamp down on these, they will clamp down on everybody holding parties, so it will be unfair on the ones who have them further away from residential areas.

There are plenty of abandoned buildings around these areas to use. At least then the noise wont travel as far.

Wasnt you young once? why be so selfish and stop the new generation enjoy themselfs?

Wasnt you young once? why be so selfish and stop the new generation enjoy themselfs?

Well, actually yes, I was young once and I enjoyed very loud music INDOORS in clubs. It didn't bother anyone else young or old. It's nothing to do with age anyway. Inflicting this sound on people who don't want to hear it is selfish.

Well, actually yes, I was young once and I enjoyed very loud music INDOORS in clubs. It didn't bother anyone else young or old. It's nothing to do with age anyway. Inflicting this sound on people who don't want to hear it is selfish.

Double glazing has been invent a while ago now, If it is causing so much problem i am sure the council would have taken action by now. are you sure you lot are not making a mountain out of a ants hill

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 21:44 ----------

It's 100% the parties they hold around Attercliffe (Woodbourne Road and the area off the canal). Sound, especially bass can travel a fair distance. Some of the speaker systems and amps at parties are pretty good.

Like I said earlier, I'm not against free parties/raves. I've attended and still attend many. I'm just not in favour of these ones being held outside so close to homes. There's thousands of houses just up the road from these areas.

The organisers have to show a little more compassion to these people living there. Eventually something will give and the police wont only clamp down on these, they will clamp down on everybody holding parties, so it will be unfair on the ones who have them further away from residential areas.

There are plenty of abandoned buildings around these areas to use. At least then the noise wont travel as far.

Do you know if it is the asian glooming little girls with music and drugs?