Trams stopping at the Station- Sat/Sun 30/31 Aug

Guest busdriver1
and first now refusing to honor tram tickets.

game of sardines anyone?

Why would First honour tram tickets? Is the tram run by First Supertram? NO. It is Run by Stagecoach so it is their responsibility to run extra buses. Would you be able to board a tram with a bus ticket if a bus broke down?:loopy:

Why would First honour tram tickets? Is the tram run by First Supertram? NO. It is Run by Stagecoach so it is their responsibility to run extra buses. Would you be able to board a tram with a bus ticket if a bus broke down?:loopy:

It's called a gentlemens agreement- and has happened before in times of disruption - like when First buses breakdown on church street or hills borough interchange. It's something SYPTE- who first and stagecoach work in partnership encourage in the name of minimising disruption to us the travelling public.

Last time though the miserable B******d First driver refused to accept tickets .. Until people power.. Ie:- several of us refusingto get off until he radioed his control and checked... And voila!!! His control confirmed first were accepting tickets as one of their buses had broke on church street blocking it!!!

Getting off at station is 2 stops earlier than normal isn't it as trams only going to cathedral.

from what I understand tho they are not running past the station and crystal peaks is quite a trek on foot (as 120 only accepting tickets to Manor apparently)

It's called a gentlemens agreement- and has happened before in times of disruption - like when First buses breakdown on church street or hills borough interchange. It's something SYPTE- who first and stagecoach work in partnership encourage in the name of minimising disruption to us the travelling public.

Last time though the miserable B******d First driver refused to accept tickets .. Until people power.. Ie:- several of us refusingto get off until he radioed his control and checked... And voila!!! His control confirmed first were accepting tickets as one of their buses had broke on church street blocking it!!!

yes this, thank you.

Fortunatly I have now used the journey planner to sort my route out and will be lodging a formal complaint with Stagecoach Supertram and requesting a days refund (or as long as it lasts) on my useless tram pass due to their lack of help everytime I have asked them questions about this.

For those who have cars I am happy for you.... I don't!

Guest busdriver1

In that case fine, but drivers can not accept them without authority. Why is doing your job correctly being miserable?

The gentlemen's agreement you refer to is pure fantasy, it does not exist and I can think of a great many reasons why it never will.

In certain situations First will accept tram tickets but only when this has been agreed by all concerned. Until such an an agreement is announced to all drivers they are under strict instructions not to accept tram tickets.

So you took the freedom riders policy of sitting there because it was what you wanted thereby delaying the bus - great. The fact that the driver had obviously not been informed meant that he was behaving correctly - at that time. What would you have done if it had not been caused by a first bus and tickets were not being accepted?

Thank god I do not live or work in Sheffield now, nowhere else has the deedaa disease thank god.

from what I understand tho they are not running past the station and crystal peaks is quite a trek on foot (as 120 only accepting tickets to Manor apparently)

yes this, thank you.

Fortunatly I have now used the journey planner to sort my route out and will be lodging a formal complaint with Stagecoach Supertram and requesting a days refund (or as long as it lasts) on my useless tram pass due to their lack of help everytime I have asked them questions about this.

For those who have cars I am happy for you.... I don't!

Trams running from station to halfway

You need to complain to SYPTE if complaining as it's an infrastructure health and safety issue causing this. The tracks and all infrastructure is owned and maintained by SYPTE

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 08:01 ----------

In that case fine, but drivers can not accept them without authority. Why is doing your job correctly being miserable?

The gentlemen's agreement you refer to is pure fantasy, it does not exist and I can think of a great many reasons why it never will.

In certain situations First will accept tram tickets but only when this has been agreed by all concerned. Until such an an agreement is announced to all drivers they are under strict instructions not to accept tram tickets.

So you took the freedom riders policy of sitting there because it was what you wanted thereby delaying the bus - great. The fact that the driver had obviously not been informed meant that he was behaving correctly - at that time. What would you have done if it had not been caused by a first bus and tickets were not being accepted?

Thank god I do not live or work in Sheffield now, nowhere else has the deedaa disease thank god.

We did not take the freedom riders stance! I do not support them at all! / we asked him to check as we had been told by tram staff at castle square that First had agreed to honour tickets which is why we asked him to check! He didn't have to be rude or surly but was.

By your own admission First accept tickets in certain situations ...

Of course this ticket farce is all down to deregulation which is an entirely different kettle of fish

So are the trams still only going as far as Sheffield Train Station?

Service still suspended station to fitzallen sq

We are very sorry for inconveniences that this may be causing you but it is a problem in the area around the track and for safety trams have been suspended in this area.

Currently 120 and 123 Stagecoach buses are accepting tram tickets to help reduce disruption.

We will keep you updated as much as possible

Again, we are sorry for the problems this may have caused you all

Maybe you didn't see them? There were some staff there last night - at castle square-my wife was talking to them last night bout it while waiting for me. Saw some today too as we were going to Meadowhall

I reiterate that there were no Supertram staff in evidence, at all, at the Fitzalan Square & Castle Square tram stops when I walked in to town from the Station at around 19:15 on Saturday. I did look for staff in an attempt to get some more information as to what was going on - but I didn't see them because they weren't there!

I reiterate that there were no Supertram staff in evidence, at all, at the Fitzalan Square & Castle Square tram stops when I walked in to town from the Station at around 19:15 on Saturday. I did look for staff in an attempt to get some more information as to what was going on - but I didn't see them because they weren't there!

While I don't expect staff to be available at short notice on a Saturday night they could have at least put some notices up. There were staff in evidence this morning at the train station but the best they could do is get out of the way of baying hoards of commuters who now had a longer than expected walk to work this morning.

While I don't expect staff to be available at short notice on a Saturday night they could have at least put some notices up. There were staff in evidence this morning at the train station but the best they could do is get out of the way of baying hoards of commuters who now had a longer than expected walk to work this morning.

I walked past the Cathedral stop at about 7pm Saturday and there were plenty of notices stuck on the shelter!

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 10:18 ----------

Public service information time.....

The actual tram service at the moment:

Blue route - every 10 mins Halfway-Sheffield Station

Purple route - every 30 mins Herdings Park-Sheffield Station

Yellow route - every 10 mins Meadowhall-Cathedral (unaffected)

Stagecoach bus 120 provides a connection with trams and will accept tram ticket holders. Travelling towards Halfway/Herdings buses pick up on Arundel Gate near Castle Square tram stop and will drop off at the railway station. Travelling into town it will be more convenient to connect between tram and bus at Manor Top.

Service 120 runs every 10 minutes during the daytime and every 30 minutes in the evening.

For the latest information on the tram service Twitter is likely to be the best way - http://www.twitter.com/SCSupertram

Sheffield Supertram services on the Blue and Purple Routes are currently suspended between Sheffield Station and the City Centre following the discovery of a hole in the ground on an embankment near to the tram track. The yellow route from Meadowhall to Cathedral is unaffected, and replacement buses continue to serve tramstops from Cathedral to Middlewood / Malin Bridge.

Although the problem is not with the tram infrastructure itself, due to it's proximity to the network, it had the potential to affect the safe running of this part of the Supertram system and for that reason the decision has been taken to temporarily suspend services through the area until the embankment has been fully assessed by an expert.

We would like to apologise to passengers for any inconvenience this may cause. We are working with South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE) to resolve the problem as quickly as we can and we will resume normal service for our customers as soon as possible.

Passengers travelling between the City Centre and Manor Top are able to use their tickets on Stagecoach bus services 120.

Blue and purple trams are running from Halfway / Herdings Park from and to the station only.

For the latest information please go to the Supertram Website or follow us on Twitter (@SCSupertram)