Flood risk at Kelham Island

I am just wondering if anyone knows if there has been any flooding in Kelham Island since the 2007 floods? Also, if any flood protection has been put in place to reduce the risk of future flooding and if anyone living around the Green Lane area has any information or advice around flooding in the area? Some friends are moving to Sheffield and considering Kelham Island but just a bit wary as is it technically in a "medium risk" area! I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can to pass on to them.

Lived in Sheff 40 years, the 2007 flooding is the only time I can remember any flooding.

It was the wettest ever month recorded at Weston Park and that is one of the oldest weather stations in UK.

Was on the Upper Don valley trail this week,runs thru Kelham.Work was done on the weak points of the banks at Corporation st, and further down the valley after 2007

This raised the flood level about another 3 feet.

The EA, have upgaded the lower Don valley to a 1 in a hundred year flood return period.

The 2007 event was a 1/200 year event.

Edited by butlers

There has been a lot of preventative work done down their since the floods and they are constructing a lot of new houses now too which I doubt they would be doing if mortgage company's felt the area was a major flood risk as they would be pretty hard to sell.

Anyone buying should ensure that there's a Flood Risk Search made amongst the usual preliminary searches.