The Sheffield Whale

I remember one dinnertime going to see it, maybe not the one the OP mentioned as this was in the very late sixties/ early seventies.

I think it was 4/- to go in, it was a blue whale that was so old it was falling apart - a right proper swizz!

I saw it in the 50s. It had its mouth propped open with an Acrow.

I also saw it in the 50's with my father and brother.I can remember it being coated in something like bitumen to preserve it.

Was it like the one you used to walk through its mouth to get into Bellview Zoo?. I seem to remember that being blue also.

no you,re not dreaming. my brother took me when i was young ,late 50s or early 60s.it was called orca the killer whale. it was patched up also lots of filters in its mouth

To anybody, but particularly Jon, the whale did exist as my husband He remembers seeing it. The whale was on a long trailer and possibly situated between the old Travellers pub and Milletts army stores.

Hey! I'm not going mad then. I remember the trailer also

On 30/04/2003 at 20:54, mikey said:

Weird dream :D

I dont remember anything like this

it was on the spare ground opposite the prefab shops at the bottom of young street,