Thread removals

Opinions please.

I tried to post a thread about something (careful what I type) but the thread was removed and posted in a more appropriate place - apparently :loopy:

When I looked at this place it was 236 pages long :roll::roll:

In my opinion it would take forever to find the answer/s I was looking for (it goes back to 2004)

Would a new thread be more acceptable?

personally speaking i dont like the fashion of having 300 threads on the same topic

Opinions please.

I tried to post a thread about something (careful what I type) but the thread was removed and posted in a more appropriate place - apparently :loopy:

When I looked at this place it was 236 pages long :roll::roll:

In my opinion it would take forever to find the answer/s I was looking for (it goes back to 2004)

Would a new thread be more acceptable?

Problem with the forum and again I will be careful what I type is that to overturn a decision you need to contact the helpdesk. Now the thread in question has been going for years. Normally when we have merged threads its normally because a lot of people want to discuss a very specific issue (the Rotherham child abuse scandal is one such example) However this thread is so vague your right it needs to be pruned or a new thread started. I hope the mods can help. As for answering your query. That particular subject matter is not really my area of expertise.

(the Rotherham child abuse scandal is one such example) However this thread is so vague your right it needs to be pruned or a new thread started.

It was nothing like child abuse it was merely a question about a (Sshh a good tattooist - now!)

I'm not interested who was good in 2004 :loopy: I need to know who is good now, or next week ;)

It was nothing like child abuse it was merely a question about a (Sshh a good tattooist - now!)

I'm not interested who was good in 2004 :loopy: I need to know who is good now, or next week ;)

Oh I knew what it was about I was just trying to find an example of where merging works well in that example but that it doesnt always work as with your example with a really large thread.

Certain popular subjects if left unmerged would mean that the forum search facility was overloaded. We regularly merge threads of this type. If you feel that the thread is too long you can always request that new megathread is created. Please use the report facility or PM one of the moderating team to do so..

Why! You already know my feelings, you've just read them!!

Why! You already know my feelings, you've just read them!!

The Admins dont always read the forums as theyre busy doing other things. Making a report with the helpdesk brings this to their attention - by yourself, the everyday user.

By doing this they can make a decision to override us moderators - if they agree - and having a final say in the issue.

Edited by alternageek

Personally I hate the megathread creation. I didn't realise it was an issue for the search but nobody reads all the megathread pages and in my experience it's difficult to use the search facility to get info from them. It's also an issue for starting a new thread because the megathread name isn't necessarily brought up as a suggestion in the existing threads box. Then you get a message saying 'please use the search facility' when you did but it didn't bring up a relevant thread.