Should I scrap or sell?

I have a Renault Clio 1.2 16v 2002. The mot runs out in November and taxed until October.

I'm buying a new car ASAP and I was wondering what people think I should do with the Clio, it's a bit rattly the breaks sometimes make a grinding sound, the clutch is ok it's just a bit tough to push down as opposed to most cars, it has chips to the paint mostly on the bonnet and had done 114k miles. What do people think scrap or sell?

And of anyone knows how a car is valued on scrap that would be great and what's the avg value?

Ebay or webuyanycar.com. I have just scrapped my 03 reg Focus 1.8 TCDI. £100.

Ebay or webuyanycar.com. I have just scrapped my 03 reg Focus 1.8 TCDI. £100.

I sold my old 2000 Fiesta for £300, and the people that bought had an even older P reg one, they only got £50 for it.

Ok thanks I'll check the websites out

I have a Renault Clio 1.2 16v 2002. The mot runs out in November and taxed until October.

I'm buying a new car ASAP and I was wondering what people think I should do with the Clio, it's a bit rattly the breaks sometimes make a grinding sound, the clutch is ok it's just a bit tough to push down as opposed to most cars, it has chips to the paint mostly on the bonnet and had done 114k miles. What do people think scrap or sell?

And of anyone knows how a car is valued on scrap that would be great and what's the avg value?

Part exchange it towards your new car. you will get £1.500. 1 thousand 5 hundred for trade in.

Edited by skat man

Depends on where you take it, the government scrappage scheme isn't running anymore so the discount you get depends on the dealers.

Having a sheddy old car to trade in is neither here no there - if they are willing to part ex a banger for £1500 then they're willing to knock the same amount off the price without any trade-in.

oh, and the OP should sell the car - you'll get more than scrap value, easy £350-400 if you sell it privately on GumTree/eBay/Facebook/Swapz etc etc

Depends on where you take it, the government scrappage scheme isn't running anymore so the discount you get depends on the dealers.

Having a sheddy old car to trade in is neither here no there - if they are willing to part ex a banger for £1500 then they're willing to knock the same amount off the price without any trade-in.

oh, and the OP should sell the car - you'll get more than scrap value, easy £350-400 if you sell it privately on GumTree/eBay/Facebook/Swapz etc etc

Agree!!! When you go in for your new / second hand car.. Do not mention a trade in. After negotiations you then point to the sign about trade in and say.... Oh yes I have a car with a valid mot deduct the one and a half thousand thanks. :D Easy!