Deputy PCC resigns her post

From the results there was a 14.5% turnout, I think any election that can't manage at least 50% should be considered null, as people are clearly voting 'no' to the entire thing.

You can't blame the candidates if people don't vote. Everyone on the electoral register has a chance to vote. If they don't then they can't complain about who gets in. I didn't vote at the PCC election and I'm not complaining that Wright was elected. He should resign but the election was legitimate enough.

That Shaun Wright needs to do one now! Hound him out if necessary! :rant:

He is hanging on to a job worth £85,000 p/a. Where else would he get money like that. People in public office now like MPs have no shame and absolutely no integrity. Mr Wright show some respect for the failure of your department in Rotherham and resign now.

He is hanging on to a job worth £85,000 p/a. Where else would he get money like that. People in public office now like MPs have no shame and absolutely no integrity. Mr Wright show some respect for the failure of your department in Rotherham and resign now.

Might seem a lot of money to you, but he has influence over tens of millions of £s and hundreds of jobs. Loy pd GPs break into 100k+. He probably earnt as much when he was ruining child services.

He will resign within a month id say as his position is untenable. Soon the protests will start. Its quite dishonourable not to have taken responsibility.

Might seem a lot of money to you, but he has influence over tens of millions of £s and hundreds of jobs. Loy pd GPs break into 100k+. He probably earnt as much when he was ruining child services.

He will resign within a month id say as his position is untenable. Soon the protests will start. Its quite dishonourable not to have taken responsibility.

I'm not so sure he will resign without a payoff deal behind the scenes. He knows he is toxic goods and therefore unemployable... he'll be looking for every penny he can get for the early retirement.

Why has she resigned ?

To distance herself from toxic Shaun a.s.a.p, so when she stands for election as P.C.C in 2 years or less ? she can trot out the " I did the honourable thing,person of integrity" line. A shrewd politcal move methinks !