Immigration Continues to Spiral Out of Control

Immigration will be by far the biggest problem this country will face over the next 50 years. I honestly think that some people have their heads in the sand regarding this issue. We need to get to grips with it now before we end up with civil war.

the first step must be getting out of the EU asap .

Yeah so we can give it to the lazy chavs and scammy mummys

No, treat them the same.

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 19:11 ----------

Can you even substantiate such a claim. Surely you don't believe that old one about all the immigrants coming here and being giving free houses and money. I thought that idea died out years ago.

Seeing that you quoted a post discussing illegal immigration, it's worth noting that illegal immigrants cannot claim benefits or a free housing because they're here illegally! So your little plan wouldn't make much difference there either.

Those that make it here and claim asylum, who pays for their keep? and as for immigrants coming here and getting free housing and money, the ones that live near me that cannot speak English must be a figment of my imagination then? The only thing they have to pay for themselves is a telephone line, gas and electric are paid for.

Edited by lazarus

Immigration will be by far the biggest problem this country will face over the next 50 years. I honestly think that some people have their heads in the sand regarding this issue. We need to get to grips with it now before we end up with civil war.

It is already far too late!

Can you even substantiate such a claim. Surely you don't believe that old one about all the immigrants coming here and being giving free houses and money. I thought that idea died out years ago.

Seeing that you quoted a post discussing illegal immigration, it's worth noting that illegal immigrants cannot claim benefits or a free housing because they're here illegally! So your little plan wouldn't make much difference there either.

I see it like this. Me and my wife save all year for a foreign holiday, to pay for it and for some spending money. When we arrive in whichever country, we abide by the law, and spend our money. How many British people go to Poland or Pakistan and claim asylum? I wouldn't have thought there is a lot. It was announced yesterday that net migration up to March is closer to a quarter of a million, as opposed to the 100,000 target that Cameron promised. So if you think that immigration isn't a problem, im afraid that you have a problem call blinkered vision.

How many British people go to Poland or Pakistan and claim asylum?

You'd have to be very ignorant to think Poles claim asylum here.

.....im afraid that you have a problem call blinkered vision.

Pot, kettle....

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 19:39 ----------

We need to get to grips with it now before we end up with civil war.

It is already far too late!

Sorry but I missed this civil war. When did it start?

If we get out of the EU circus we can refuse entry to anyone we like , including Europeans. Simples.

I concur.

Angel1

These measure which I mentioned achieve just that. They are by and large tied into the "Habitual Residence Test", look it up. Not the first time I've asked you to do that, if memory serves.

The Habitual Residence Test isn't something that can prevent people coming to the UK. If you say otherwise, please present the evidence. The most it does is remove incentive, but that's far from giving us the right to say who can and cannot enter our country.

Anyway, I see you frothing about the net migration numbers...but I have yet to see you prove that such numbers are a drain on the UK's economy. Care to make out your case with something other than rethorical opinion?

Not all the positives and negatives are monetary that can be summed up on a ledger.

Edited by SevenRivers

The Habitual Residence Test isn't something that can prevent people coming to the UK. If you say otherwise, please present the evidence.
I'd love to, but regrettably this bastion of British administrative efficiency that is the DWP, does not keep statistics about failed HRTs (according to their FOI formal replies).

The most it does is remove incentive, but that's far from giving us the right to say who can and cannot enter our country.
Even if all it does is removing the incentive as you say, that was exactly my point, so thank you for clarifying your agreement. We might be getting somewhere...

Not all the positives and negatives are monetary that can be summed up on a ledger.
...then again, probably not.

Immigration Continues to Spiral Out of Control

Because call me Dave 14 holidays part time worker is not doing his job.

I am committed to employing people and have employed thousands over the last 30 years. I regard it as a privilege.

Terms and Conditions have improved over those years. Immigrants are employed on exactly the same T&Cs as anyone else.

Unions are corrupt, only last week during a meeting with one of the larger Unions we were asked for a bung to make a difficulty go away. (Refused)

I have maintained a record of Union corruption going back to 1983.

Thanks for reinforcing my point about non-committment from employers. Thousands over the last 30 years, indeed. With such a high turnover of staff you must really a pleasant to work for. No wonder your staff keep leaving.

You'd have to be very ignorant to think Poles claim asylum here.

Pot, kettle....

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 19:39 ----------

Sorry but I missed this civil war. When did it start?

Not ignorant LM, just concerned that the level of immigration is much, much higher than the liberals would have admitted to, and to which the Tories promised it wouldn't be. If for some stretch of the imagination you think this is OK, then you may be better served researching the issue, rather than using a subject you clearly know nothing about as a platform for your heinous and downright playgroundish remarks. Even as a non-white British born contributor, I can see immigration is placing a huge strain on the UK, and is not a topic for you to detriment other peoples views, should they not meet your inexplicitly low expectations of your obviously tunneled vision. Btw, love the suit.

Nobody seems to have mentioned that this government has significantly cut the numbers of people needed to maintain what border control there is, at a time when it is 'under attack' from all sides.