Boarded up houses on Prince of Wales road?

Anyone know why the two conjoined houses on Prince of Wales road behind Lidl are boarded up? They looked like well respected houses with a nice garden and garages a few years ago before one suddenly became boarded up, followed by the other not long after.

Cheers!

I wouldn't want to live joined to an unoccupied house on there if i'm honest. They're easy targets for the relatively valuable heating system, and no one answers the alarms. Imagine kids playing inside an unoccupied home attached to yours, late at night, much combustible material laying around. :help:

I think they will converted into one dwelling for large family or 4or5 bed house might be wrong but why leave them empty for so long

Lidl bought them so the could extend there store and car park,but for some reason the planning permission has been held up,lidl own them but cure entry can't do anything with them

Is it THESE two houses.

If it is then Lidl wanted to demolish them along with their shop and build a new Lidl there.

Planning permission was refused last year according to THIS

Seems a shame to knock down two perfectly good houses when there is a big shortage of houses.

Edited by kidneystone
More info

Yes those two are the ones! :D

Is it THESE two houses.

If it is then Lidl wanted to demolish them along with their shop and build a new Lidl there.

Planning permission was refused last year according to THIS

Seems a shame to knock down two perfectly good houses when there is a big shortage of houses.

Yes- but SCC could impose a requirement that the developer build some others somewhere local, in compensation.

Im sure ive had a leaflet through the door regarding this being passed?

I had a leaflet through the other day. According to the people that work in the Lidl the store is looking to expand in the coming months, though if I recall they were saying this before Christmas last year!

Yes- but SCC could impose a requirement that the developer build some others somewhere local, in compensation.

Its still a loss of two perfectly good houses.

Its still a loss of two perfectly good houses.

...unless, as I explained, demolition consent includes having to build two perfectly good houses in replacement.

...unless, as I explained, demolition consent includes having to build two perfectly good houses in replacement.

Which ever way you look at it it's still a loss of two perfectly good houses.