99p shop closed.

Well the flooring as well as the lighting needs upgrading

I went in on Saturday and saw a guy empty a full box of deodorants in his bag and walk out! Made a right old clatter that's what made me look around.

Apparently their head office does not think it's worth having security on even though it happens all the time.

The pound-shop up the road has a similar problem.

I witnessed a bloke blatantly cramming armfuls of chocolate bars into a rucksack a few months ago, hidden from staff view, on the farthest aisle.

I alerted staff immediately, but couldn't do more, for the obvious reasons.

It has always seemed a very dingy shop to me with its very poor lighting, and generally scruffy display shelves.

Contrast that with the pound shops. Amazing what a penny can do!

Noticed all the windows have been whitened out and the shop looks empty. This is the 99p shop near Argos, has it closed down?, or it is been re-furbished. Only saw this from the distance going past on the bus, noticed some notices up, but was too far away to read them.

years ag shops that were closing down or refurb used to whate was the winows inside so no one could look in

plain talker - I alerted staff immediately, but couldn't do more, for the obvious reasons.

obvious reasons?

how hard is it to shout shoplifter and watch them drop the gear and run?! they are not going to confront you in a very busy shop full of witnesses etc

....they had designer reading lasses......

What next? Designer guide dogs?

I never forgiven them for closing the music instrument / piano store that used to be there.

It was a supremely classy store then next minute the grubbiest cheap crap shop comes in :suspect:

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 17:25 ----------

Oh and instead of the 99p crap store, it would make a great restaurant to complement the Premier Inn next door!

Read earlier on a notice that they are upgrading the lights in there.

So people can see the **** they sell clearer. :)

I never forgiven them for closing the music instrument / piano store that used to be there.

It was a supremely classy store then next minute the grubbiest cheap crap shop comes in :suspect:

Oh and instead of the 99p crap store, it would make a great restaurant to complement the Premier Inn next door!

Who is it you havent forgiven?

Did the 99p store have anything to do with the closure of the previous tenant?

If it was such a good site for a restaurant then why didnt one rush in to take the site?

I know,I used to buy all my Steinways from there.

plain talker - I alerted staff immediately, but couldn't do more, for the obvious reasons.

obvious reasons?

how hard is it to shout shoplifter and watch them drop the gear and run?! they are not going to confront you in a very busy shop full of witnesses etc

a) because it's not actually shoplifted until they walk out of the door, and

b) as a wheelchair user, I am not putting myself in the firing line! I'm not a spot ball!

c) I immediately told the staff what the bloke was doing, so they could sort it out before he attempted to leave the shop. I discharged my duties there, it was up to the staff to deal, once I had told them.

Who is it you havent forgiven?

Did the 99p store have anything to do with the closure of the previous tenant?

If it was such a good site for a restaurant then why didnt one rush in to take the site?

Because Premier Inn missed a massive trick :loopy: