Further signs that Islamic State/ISIS are a thoroughly bad lot..

I'm just sat here waiting for the EU to ban Islamic states.

Angel1.

Not content with all the beheading, crucifying and murdering, it looks like they have a thoroughly dodgy attitude to the use of our old friend marijuana - link here - http://www.independent.co.uk/video/?videoid=3749995328001

Are you surprised? Islam prohibits all intoxicants. I know some intoxicants have been permitted in the past as part of the culture, such as the use of Khat in many Muslim countries and the Hashish smoking of the Assassins (Hashishins) of old, but the Koran bans all intoxicants, not just alcohol.

The only people to eradicate opium growing and heroin production in Afghanistan ever were the Taliban. Production went down to zero due to their draconian and brutal methods.

Edited by Nagel

Just like the Taliban grow poppies for heroin it will be ok when they want to make money from it and obviously permitted when it's poisoning and making money from the enemy (the West).

Yes , 100% ................

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 18:16 ----------

:roll::roll:

No seriously, what is so bad about it?

On topic:

250 have come back already from ISIS. This will hit our streets within 10 years.

Its time we declared a secular state and stopped subsidising all religion including schools.

Its time we declared a secular state and stopped subsidising all religion including schools.

Correct. There should be far less legal recognition for religion and no such thing as a state funded religious school.

ISIS is a standing army (Death Cult) that requires support to the tune of billions.

It also requires: military equipment, weapons,logistical info,intelligence and political support. The "West" claims to have handed over hundreds of millions to "moderates" in Syria.However, as far as I'm aware, there appears to be very little factual information as to who the hell is funding ISIS.

Is ISIS a product of a CIA/NATO dirt war Op's ? And what is to be done about

any of the "reported " 500 British born fighters ,if any of them return to the UK ?

Edited by petemcewan

The Muslims had been in Jerusalem for a few hundred years before the Crusades.

It's very easy to argue that, away from religious belief and the corruption of 'the redemptive soldier' - the Crusades were an economical necessity for Europe. There was a problem of gold and roman coins leaking out of Europe into the Islamic Empire.

After 800 the Islamic Empire was the commercial center of the world, and money drained out of Europe in the direction of the Islamic world....Thus, in a sense, the Crusades were as much about Europe's money shortage as it was religious/military in purpose.Europeans went to where the gold was.

This is a big subject capable of multiple interpretations, and I wont argue with you on yours or indeed Neil Fergusons, but the reasons given by the organizers of the First Crusade were the recovery of the "Holy Places" of Christianity and no doubt most of those who went on crusade believed that.

I was actually challenging a presumption that whatever the west did, (crusade, colonialism) was bad and that whatever was happening now (ISIS Al Queda was justified because of that.

Bottom line for me, is that I wish human beings would stop hating and killing each other.

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 11:42 ----------

ISIS is a standing army (Death Cult) that requires support to the tune of billions.

It also requires: military equipment, weapons,logistical info,intelligence and political support. The "West" claims to have handed over hundreds of millions to "moderates" in Syria.However, as far as I'm aware, there appears to be very little factual information as to who the hell is funding ISIS.

Is ISIS a product of a CIA/NATO dirt war Op's ? And what is to be done about

any of the "reported " 500 British born fighters ,if any of them return to the UK ?

At last, relevant questions.

In 1953 the Russian Intelligence service fed a story to the CIA that there was an army forming in Siberia over 500,000 strong who intended to attack Moscow and overthrow communism. It had guns and cold weather gear but was short of boots. The CIA arranged for 500,000 pairs of boots to be delivered.

There was no rebel army and the Russians obtained the boots for their army.

Point is, CIA aint that clever, they are well meaning but very Gung Ho, I am not a bit surprised they have ended up arming ISIS.

Emergency legislation needs to be put before parliament, those suspected of fighting for ISIS or any other such group should be given one week to come home, swear allegiance to the queen in public on the Koran. After one week those not retuning should be deemed to have renounced their citizenship.

Emergency legislation needs to be put before parliament, those suspected of fighting for ISIS or any other such group should be given one week to come home, swear allegiance to the queen in public on the Koran. After one week those not retuning should be deemed to have renounced their citizenship.

We should send in ground troops and they should simply kill all UK citizens fighting for IS. Wipe them out. If the "Islamic" state is ever established it will be the first justified use of a nuke to wipe out an entire section of our planet and leave nothing but a big hole! :mad:

We should send in ground troops and they should simply kill all UK citizens fighting for IS. Wipe them out. If the "Islamic" state is ever established it will be the first justified use of a nuke to wipe out an entire section of our planet and leave nothing but a big hole! :mad:

Don't be so ridiculous man. Have you been at the pub all afternoon or are you usually this daft?

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 19:22 ----------

:roll::roll:

Seriously though what is so bad about marijuana? Does it make people use silly smiley faces instead of real words? Are you stoned?

Don't be so ridiculous man. Have you been at the pub all afternoon or are you usually this daft?

Not posted for a while but yes, I am generally this daft.

Ignore the Nuke thing - that's silly, yes, but killing em? Why is that silly? Do you think we could rehabilitate them, or do we just try to understand em and sympathise with them?