Carnivorous plants

Can anybody recommend a good shop for carnivorous plants in the Sheffield area? Im looking for more than just the regular venus fly traps

I've got some pitcher plants you can have. I propagated them myself from cuttings then nobody wanted them so they have been a bit neglected. Will check they are still with us. They NEED humidity to do well though. I have a few pitchers on the ones in the bathroom but nothing like when I bought them.

Got a few sticky plants as well, should be able to separate some. They are much easier to keep.

Have tall pitchers too but none spare.

:)

You really seem to know your stuff. Ive got some small saracenia, VFT's and sundews. Also got a large pitcher plant. I have just tried to propagate this with cuttings. So going to see how that goes. Any advice??

These are my favourites

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/trumpmuffin/DSC_0123.jpg

Some Sundew ones in the small pots, along with a couple of Peyote Cacti. I don't have pic of the other pitcther plants and can't remember the names!

I took cuttings, dipped them in rooting hormone then stuck them in spagnum moss in a damp environment, (large plastic box with water in and large plastic box on top!) they all seemed to grow.

:)

Hi does anyone still have any excess cuttings of pitcher plants that I could take on?

Thanks

Andrew

I had a load but nobody wanted them so left them outside. Will see if they are still alive.

Thanks, thats great, rest assured that I will look after them/nurse them back to health. Thanks

I too would love some pitchers, sundews, flytraps, had some sundews on my window sill at work and they were doing great til I went on hols and nobody kept them damp!!!!

Richard

Get yourself to Ferndale at coal aston, they've got a half decent selection of carni's in my opinion

Thought it would be better to revive this thread than start a new one.

Have any of you recently seen peat to buy locally that's suitable for CP repotting?

I have perlite already so it is just the correct type of peat I need now.

I've always either picked mine up from the Malvern show ordered it on-line.

Have you got a good selection of plants? We've not had much of a winter so I'm a bit concerned that mine won't have had a good dormant period and might have dried out..