Rotherham Children sexually exploited

I don't give a monkey's about what people have to be careful to do. Theyre employed to protect children, if they don't like the heat that might occasionally arise in the kitchen they should confine themselves to the playroom.

So far the Muslim community in Rotherham have accused noone of racism in light of these allegations so there was no evidence to endorse the 'perception' of racism and even if there was so what? If they had evidence of wrongdoing they should speak out, if they don't then there's nothing to report.

They did much more than "speak out" they put themselves at risk, if something is reported and the people at the very top do nothing where do you go.

I've said before that Rotherham would only be the tip of a very large iceberg and each day that goes by confirms that.

They did much more than "speak out" they put themselves at risk, if something is reported and the people at the very top do nothing where do you go.

I've said before that Rotherham would only be the tip of a very large iceberg and each day that goes by confirms that.

Where do you go? To the friendly national newspaper..which is ultimately how credibility was given to the allegations. :thumbsup:

Where do you go? To the friendly national newspaper..which is ultimately how credibility was given to the allegations. :thumbsup:

So why didn't they. Why didn't the large amount of people who knew about this take this easy option.

Its clear there is a massive problem with the Asian community and their age old treatment of women not fitting into a culture in which they choose to live and are hiding in plain site.

I don't give a monkey's about what people have to be careful to do. Theyre employed to protect children, if they don't like the heat that might occasionally arise in the kitchen they should confine themselves to the playroom.

So far the Muslim community in Rotherham have accused noone of racism in light of these allegations so there was no evidence to endorse the 'perception' of racism and even if there was so what? If they had evidence of wrongdoing they should speak out, if they don't then there's nothing to report.

It's easy to sit and pass judgement on a computer, without having been in that particular environment at that particular time.

I found myself shaking my head in disbelief that Jimmy Saville had got away with so much for so long without any senior authority figures taking action against him.

I can only assume because of his status people who must have known about his actions, were afraid to speak out and take action. It seems incredible now that so many people who must have known about this were afraid to pursue it further, but I guess that just goes to show what can happen when a particular climate of fear is created.

Regards

Doom

So why didn't they. Why didn't the large amount of people who knew about this take this easy option.

Its clear there is a massive problem with the Asian community and their age old treatment of women not fitting into a culture in which they choose to live and are hiding in plain site.

I've no idea why they didn't take the 'easy option' it's really a question for them, but 'perceiving' a fear of being labelled a racist is hardly a credible excuse is it? Especially as no such claims have actually been made.

As I said previously if I came across someone abusing your children, they'd become acquainted with my Doc Martens whatever colour/religion they were, we'd argue the toss later.

I've no idea why they didn't take the 'easy option' it's really a question for them, but 'perceiving' a fear of being labelled a racist us hardly a credible excuse is it? Especially as no such claims have actually been made.

As I said previously if I came across someone abusing your children, they'd become acquainted with my Doc Martens whatever colour/religion they were, we'd argue the toss later.

See Dooms comments above, there will be many, many people who would stick the boot in like you but none of them has worked in these overbearing PC environments.

I currently do regular work with very large long established Sheffield institution, the staff there cannot fart without the fear of recrimination and to cast aspersions onto a whole swathe of the Asian community would be unheard of, these were exceptional circumstances and your claims cannot hold water with the scale of what we already know and what is to come.

It's easy to sit and pass judgement on a computer, without having been in that particular environment at that particular time.

I found myself shaking my head in disbelief that Jimmy Saville had got away with so much for so long without any senior authority figures taking action against him.

I can only assume because of his status people who must have known about his actions, were afraid to speak out and take action. It seems incredible now that so many people who must have known about this were afraid to pursue it further, but I guess that just goes to show what can happen when a particular climate of fear is created.

Regards

Doom

You're quite right the causes of CSE are 3 dimensional, the solution to it I equally complicated, that's why I wont buy into this 'racism fear' being the exclusive causal factor for oversights. Nor will I accept it as a credible excuse for institutional failings which don't just occur around the Muslim community as you accurately point out

You're quite right the causes of CSE are 3 dimensional, the solution to it I equally complicated, that's why I wont buy into this 'racism fear' being the exclusive causal factor for oversights. Nor will I accept it as a credible excuse for institutional failings which don't just occur around the Muslim community as you accurately point out

Why did the Muslim community not speak out during the 16yrs that this was happening in Rotherham, with the scale of it it must have been known about.

If the PC culture is coming from higher up (as seems the case) and/or the actual working environment then all that would do is ensure a huge turn around in front-line workers.

I don't think its a Muslim problem per se. It's more to do with the patriarchal culture that certain races have brought with them. With Islam out of the equation I still think this situation had a good chance of happening.

As to your point I agree. I don't that any community has prolifically cried racism. So far it seems that only individual perpetrators have used this as a get out of jail card.

Cries of racism instead have emanated from white/western guilt and a misplaced* desire to keep minority communities/VOTERS onside.

Fundamentally I think we all agree that the big problem here is that the authorities failed in their duty.

*I say misplaced because I find it incredulous that any community would be upset if these perpetrators had been arrested and sentenced.

Closed for review yet again. Please don't complain at the helpdesk or PM the moderating team. It will be reopened at some point once the drivel and bile and bickering has been removed.