Rotherham Children sexually exploited

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else, I never said that.

You responded to a post that addressed that point.

You responded to a post that addressed that point.

Oh OK, fair enough.

I do have my reservations about "multiculturalism" but I don't think its the major factor in this Rotherham scandal.

People don't identify communities by skin tone. Communities set themselves apart from wider society because they consider of a relatively small group of people who live in close proximity and have similar characteristics, attitudes and beliefs. This might, for example, stem from following a religion that is not followed by mainstream society or from following cultural practices originating from a different part of the world.

Seems a bit childish to pretending different communities don't exist and that different religious or cultural teachings can result in different attitudes and values.

Zamo, I really hope you talk more sense in your other 4,000 odd posts because this is a load of rubbish. I think you are implying that Pakistani's all live close together, and are Muslim, and therefore are all the same. You really must get out more. There are Pakistanis in Rotherham who are non-Muslims, others might be Sunni or Shia or Ahmedi, they originate from different parts of Pakistan each with a different culture, and I could go on.

Maybe you should go back to school.

So how does this form an example of the 'failed multicultural experiment' when child abuse is something the natives engage in?

Still pretending there isn't a specific problem within Muslim culture? Muslims don't need a monopoly on child abusers for them to have a specific problem with it.

The fact is that their culture does not teach respect for women or other culture. Mix the two and there are too many who see fair game. It is a problem and they need to address it.

No, actually, it doesn't 'stand to' any "reason"- .

What I actually asserted was that child abusers in Britain are mostly white and that in Pakistan and Africa that won't be the case. Are you saying I'm wrong?

Still pretending there isn't a specific problem within Muslim culture? Muslims don't need a monopoly on child abusers for them to have a specific problem with it.

The fact is that their culture does not teach respect for women or other culture. Mix the two and there are too many who see fair game. It is a problem and they need to address it.

Still pretending there isn't a problem in all cultures? Each might have its preferred modus operandi, but the outcomes tend to be the same-wholesale abuse of the vulnerable accompanied by systemic failures in the protection system and please, don't pretend otherwise.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 18:34 ----------

The fact is that their culture does not teach respect for women or other culture. Mix the two and there are too many who see fair game.

So what excuse does our western culture have for creating similar abuses, do you think its cultural or down to a few sick individuals?

@ApplesPears - there are many ex mining communities in and around South Yorkshire which can be (and are) described as 'close knit'. Most of the inhabitants are white and of the indigenous population so does that description stigmatise them? Probably not. However, you provide a good example of why folk are terrified to mention anything about ethnic groups, a fact that is pertinent to these terrible crimes.

No, I absolutely disagree. It had sod all to do with cultural sensitivities, it had more to do with the authorities putting as little value on the girls who were abused, as the men who were doing the abusing, and the authorities using the race card as a cover up / excuse for their apathy and laziness, and above all as a cover-up for the appalling failure to protect the girls from these monsters.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:36 ----------

Agreed with the above

Have a look at this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-29021303

Has it happened in Rotherham also?

How come that guy got ONLY 8 years for one rape and the perverts in rotherham with all the possible charges against them got slap on the wrist in comparison.

Perhaps its time we had a review of our judges.

IF judge pickles had sentenced these guys I doubt they would ever be outside a prison again. And the same would go for all those helped them.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 19:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by stressconsul viewpost.gif

Can we know the names of the Taxi companies involved so that we can avoid them and encourage our young people to avoid them.

No chance of that.

We can't even explore reasons why without strict moderation.

No point in even hinting because it will be removed.

I can't say I would or do ALWAYS agree with anyone, moderators included but I think to say that the moderators of this forum would obstruct the setting up of a boycott of the paedophile's accomplices' businesses is bit harsh.

If you know for certain the name of the firms they worked for then post them please or send them me and I will.

Otherwise people will just boycott all rotherham taxis .. just in case.

Which is btw what I am doing at the moment.

I regularly get a taxi home from rotherham and I been using a sheffield firm since this story first broke back in 2009ish. Just in case.

How come that guy got ONLY 8 years for one rape and the perverts in rotherham with all the possible charges against them got slap on the wrist in comparison.

Perhaps its time we had a review of our judges.

IF judge pickles had sentenced these guys I doubt they would ever be outside a prison again. And the same would go for all those helped them.

I know it isn't often you and I are in agreement, but ,yes, 'hanging' Judge Pickles would have, hopefully, dished out an appropriate sentence to the perpetrators.

And,yes, the perpetrators and those who, by their apathy and laziness, are guilty of abetting and facilitating their crimes, should also see severe sentencing for that abetting.