Rotherham Children sexually exploited

Provide the stats.

I don't have stats I'm afraid, but like I say, it surely stands to reason.

Can we know the names of the Taxi companies involved so that we can avoid them and encourage our young people to avoid them.

Can we know the names of the Taxi companies involved so that we can avoid them and encourage our young people to avoid them.

No chance of that.

We can't even explore reasons why without strict moderation.

No point in even hinting because it will be removed.

ETA plus drivers move from firm to firm. They are self employed and the company wouldn't check their previous firm or record.

The onus is on licencing to spot the bad ones.

Edited by Stranza

No chance of that.

We can't even explore reasons why without strict moderation.

No point in even hinting because it will be removed.

You do make a good point. Some years ago we were working on a story with A local newspaper. It involved A council who brought pressure to bare on the newspaper by reminding them who provided their advertising revenue. The story was suppressed.

So who knows who is putting what pressure on which discussion forum to suppress discussion or just publication of information?

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 17:09 ----------

http://rotherhampolitics.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/at-last/

Very good forum with information on Rotherham.

It does seem like the Labour Party is doing the right thing whilst putting distance between themselves and this saga, but the fact remains these folk remain in office.

http://rotherhampolitics.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/at-last/

Very good forum with information on Rotherham.

That site makes for interesting reading as one poster remarked:

"The lies,deceit and corruption within RMBC is slowly being forced to the surface and to the glare and scrutiny of the wider public.

Rotten borough indeed!"

@ApplesPear, #658: I love how you manage to stigmatise an entire community with just a single statement.

It's odd that you should view the fact of the Pakistani community being close knit as a stigma. Surely, being close knit is a strength more than a stigma? It is perfectly understandable that they prefer to be together, much like ex pat British communities abroad. You may have jumped to conclusions that are unfounded.

It's odd that you should view the fact of the Pakistani community being close knit as a stigma.

Haha now you're selectively quoting! You said they were close knit with little integration!

Plus you didn't answer my question about making sweeping generalisations about other sections of the population.

I don't have stats I'm afraid, but like I say, it surely stands to reason.

No, actually, it doesn't 'stand to' any "reason"- just look at places like Thailand where the dirty old men go from all over the world for sex tourism.

There are large numbers of girls sex trafficked, there, but it's not necessarily the Thai men who you would assume are doing the abuse. It's white men sorry dirty old perves from the UK, the US, and Europe going there, specifically to partake of the children.

Britain is predominantly white, so it stands to reason most child abusers in Britain will be white. In Pakistan or Africa most child abusers will not be white.

So how does this form an example of the 'failed multicultural experiment' when child abuse is something the natives engage in?

So how does this form an example of the 'failed multicultural experiment' when child abuse is something the natives engage in?

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else, I never said that.

I love how you manage to stigmatise an entire community with just a single statement. May I enquire as to how you came to this conclusion?

And could you please also summarise the white community in Rotherham in a few words - all of us including the doctors, scruffs, goths, geeks, pagans, beggars, and business people?

People don't identify communities by skin tone. Communities set themselves apart from wider society because they consider of a relatively small group of people who live in close proximity and have similar characteristics, attitudes and beliefs. This might, for example, stem from following a religion that is not followed by mainstream society or from following cultural practices originating from a different part of the world.

Seems a bit childish to pretending different communities don't exist and that different religious or cultural teachings can result in different attitudes and values.