Rotherham Children sexually exploited

CLosed for review yet again

I will remind you all of the previous warnings

This thread has been cleaned of an assortment of posts for a number of reasons including personal attacks, off topic posts and general hijacking for political purposes. Posts quoting them have also been removed.

This subject is worthy of debate but this forum will not tolerate abuse of an entire community for the actions of some of it's members nor will we tolerate personal abuse.

The children who have been affected by this deserve better than to be used as a political tool.

Any further outbreaks of the type I have just spent a significant portion of my time removing will result in suspensions of accounts. If you want to complain about that do it at the helpdesk.

The thread is now open again.

Edited by mort

Apologies if anyone has already provided the link to the full report; if not here it is:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/interactive/2014/aug/26/rotherham-children-sexually-abused-full-report

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 16:58 ----------

CLosed for review yet again

I will remind you all of the previous warnings

This thread has been cleaned of an assortment of posts for a number of reasons including personal attacks, off topic posts and general hijacking for political purposes. Posts quoting them have also been removed.

This subject is worthy of debate but this forum will not tolerate abuse of an entire community for the actions of some of it's members nor will we tolerate personal abuse.

The children who have been affected by this deserve better than to be used as a political tool.

Any further outbreaks of the type I have just spent a significant portion of my time removing will result in suspensions of accounts. If you want to complain about that do it at the helpdesk.

The thread is now open again.

Incidentally newspaper comments sections are full of racist and right wing trolls using the report as a stick to beat their political opponents with. Very sad that they refuse to realise that this goes on in all areas of the country, no matter which political party is in power.

Not much hoo haa about this pedophile who is suspected of abusing 3500 children and is dubbed Britains worst peadophile= http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Victims-relief-William-Goad-Britain-s-worst/story-17147895-detail/story.html#ixzz3Bj831AmM

The Rotherham situation is shocking but with the suspected number of victims of this nonce I'm surprised no one on SF decided to start a thread about this guy.

People on here seem to be very quiet whenever its abuse of small boys as opposed to girls.

Though one would assume Rotherham is nearer to this Frums purpose than Plymouth is, and Plymouth is a lot better place than Rotherham, nauturally.

Not much hoo haa about this pedophile who is suspected of abusing 3500 children and is dubbed Britains worst peadophile= http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Victims-relief-William-Goad-Britain-s-worst/story-17147895-detail/story.html#ixzz3Bj831AmM

The Rotherham situation is shocking but with the suspected number of victims of this nonce I'm surprised no one on SF decided to start a thread about this guy.

The difference being that this was ONE sick individual. The Rotherham case involves many, many sick individuals working together. All of it sick, but the Plymouth animal was caught and punished, whereas the Rotherham scum are pretty much still at large. There is your HOO HAA.

The difference being that this was ONE sick individual. The Rotherham case involves many, many sick individuals working together. All of it sick, but the Plymouth animal was caught and punished, whereas the Rotherham scum are pretty much still at large. There is your HOO HAA.

Surely to God it doesn't matter whether it's one child abused 3500 times, or 3500 children abused once, it's till 3500 incidents of abuse, and 3501 times too many!

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 19:45 ----------

The fact that vulnerable white female children were preyed upon and targeted does say something about the perpetrators.

What does it say?

Well, it says to me that an unconscionable amount of children were let down, persistently and deliberately, by their abusers and by the authorities to whom they went for help and support.

I sincerely wish that this was a joke and I was trolling, but I cannot help being concerned about your questioning the number of Muslim victims and then dismissing discussion of their plight as laughable. They may not be white or Christian but every victim has suffered and none of the abuse should be dismissed in the way you have.

Agreed.

And as I said in an earlier comment, I'm convinced enough to lay money on the social services wheeling out platitudes along the lines of "lessons being learnt" and "we cannot /will not allow this to happen again".

Action should have been taken at the time, not fifteen years, or however many years down the line this was, after the victims were attacked, and brought their allegations to the authorities, to be acted upon.

The whole vile and sorry incident was a betrayal of the girls' trust from start to finish.

The abusers betrayed their trust by carrying out the a use.

The authorities betrayed the girls' trust by sweeping their allegations under the carpet, instead if acting on them,

And we now find out, that, to compound the catalogue of injustices... when the proofs that sexual abuse had, indeed taken place, in the form of the girls who further endured the burden of becoming pregnant by their abusers, the babies were taken from them, never to be seen again.

If this were to be presented as the plot for a book or a film, it would have been dismissed as preposterous, as being too far fetched... Who could possibly put these girls through the mill like this?

And yet, here we are, with these sorry facts before us, that the girls were failed, over and over again. And again.

They deserve justice. And they were denied it.

Edited by esme
quote tags

They deserve justice. And they were denied it.

And now, we need to make sure that they get it, without any delay.

People on here seem to be very quiet whenever its abuse of small boys as opposed to girls.

Though one would assume Rotherham is nearer to this Frums purpose than Plymouth is, and Plymouth is a lot better place than Rotherham, nauturally.

There were boys that were targeted in Rotherham as well as girls.

I'm not sure why my previous reply to this post was deleted (Mods?) but anyway, posting lots of links about white paedophiles isn't going to lessen what has happened in Rotherham, and would only be relevant in the context of this thread if they got away with it for years for the same reasons of political correctness/community/cultural sensitivities.

And now, we need to make sure that they get it, without any delay.

Would like to think your right I really do that each and everyone of these abusers go to jail for a long, long time along with the Local Authority figures that allowed these things to go on under their very noses but I myself believe a lot of this will go quiet and no or very little real action taken at the end of the day.

The Election results in Rotherham will be very telling next May.

Just my view though and I hope I am very,very wrong.

The Election results in Rotherham will be very telling next May.

I was thinking about this earlier and I thought that we could really do with a single issue campaign group responsible for informing people which councillors should have known what was going on and therefore which people they should not vote for.

Feel free to steal my idea :)

I'm not sure why my previous reply to this post was deleted (Mods?) but anyway, posting lots of links about white paedophiles isn't going to lessen what has happened in Rotherham, and would only be relevant in the context of this thread if they got away with it for years for the same reasons of political correctness/community/cultural sensitivities.

I only posted one link so I don't know why you say I'm posting lots of links......