Rotherham Children sexually exploited

You're right, he does think that rape is about sexual frustration, but that's really not a widely held view. His views suggest to me that he doesn't understand the issue. I'll say again, pouring petrol over a child's head and threatening to set her alight isn't something that is done because the perpetrator's parents won't let him have a girlfriend, or because his teenage hormones are a bit lively.

You're right, he does think that rape is about sexual frustration, but that's really not a widely held view. His views suggest to me that he doesn't understand the issue. I'll say again, pouring petrol over a child's head and threatening to set her alight isn't something that is done because the perpetrator's parents won't let him have a girlfriend, or because his teenage hormones are a bit lively.

Probably not,but it may have been to make sure they did not go to the police as well ensuring they had full control of them without fear of getting caught.

Probably not,but it may have been to make sure they did not go to the police as well ensuring they had full control of them without fear of getting caught.

Quite ironic really isn't it? Given what we know now, the rapists had nothing to fear from the police anyway as it appeared the police spent more time criminalising and disproving the children than they did looking at the rapists.

Quite ironic really isn't it? Given what we know now, the rapists had nothing to fear from the police anyway as it appeared the police spent more time criminalising and disproving the children than they did looking at the rapists.

Yes, it seems that in the last few years that the reputation of South Yorkshire Police has hit rockbottom.All the time they were telling us crime was going down in south yorkshire it was probably going up in reality if they had reported all crimes properly.

The mayor of Liverpool has confirmed he is going to question the city's chief exec, Ged Fitzgerald, over his actions/inactions/knowledge during the period he was CE of Rotherham. So far, I can't find any evidence that Rotherham is planning on doing the same with its still serving senior officers. What is wrong with these people?

Just listened to Margaret Oliver on Radio 4. Very distressing. She's a retired policewoman from Manchester who investigated these crimes in Manchester and Rochdale, she was very angry that hundreds of men committed thousands of rapes and are still walking the streets. She was clearly upset about the fact that the girls she interviewed, who gave names and car reg numbers, we're ignored because of what she was convinced was fear of being branded racist.

I haven't heard much about the victims being able to access support as I don't know who they would get the support from.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

Maybe if you read things properly you'd understand them better?

Perhaps you could you complete the gaps in my knowledge?

Just listened to Margaret Oliver on Radio 4. Very distressing. She's a retired policewoman from Manchester who investigated these crimes in Manchester and Rochdale, she was very angry that hundreds of men committed thousands of rapes and are still walking the streets. She was clearly upset about the fact that the girls she interviewed, who gave names and car reg numbers, we're ignored because of what she was convinced was fear of being branded racist.
Do you understand now?

@UKMuslim - you are right to defend your religion but you are doing yourself no favours by denying the negatives of it. Many of us on here have experience of working, and associating with Pakistani Muslims so know something of the traditions. It is inaccurate to state that we know nothing of it. It is virtually impossible for the indigenous population of this country not to know something of Islam - we get it relentlessly thrown at us in the news, day after day.

If you can listen to the young lady who was interviewed on Radio Sheffield yesterday morning you can hear a different view point from your own. She was raised a Muslim in Rotherham and has got out of the community because of her despair at what she sees in the attitude towards women.

The Rotherham Pakistani community is a closed one, something that occurs all over the country. Earlier in this thread are links to young Pakistani girls who have been abused and the community have covered it up, seeing it as shameful. This happens in the indigenous population too but it doesn't make it right. Neither does the fact that child abuse also happens within it. Both are wrong and need tackling. You are in a great place to change attitudes in your own community - are you doing anything about it?

I will remind you once again to keep it on topic and civil.