Rotherham Children sexually exploited

1. They would do wouldn't they!!
And that had to be your response, didn't it?

There has even been a Pakistani on Radio Sheffield this morning who said their attitude to women has to change but you still deny its a fact.

Did you read what I said? I referred to my Muslim friends, and I wouldn't want to engage with Muslims who didn't share their views on equality. That's not a denial of the existence of misogynistic, racist, homophobic Muslims.

If there is a full scale enquiry into this, which their should be I would be very confident that your arguments would be well and truly blown out of the water once the full facts emerged.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you believe my argument is?

2. That justifies the current actions does it and its a bit of an over generalisation at best.

You were talking about respect as a positive feature of the native culture, which was rather an over generalisation dont' you think? Hence my response.

3. Didn't stop them from coming here en mass though did it, perhaps it wasn't as bad as you perceive.

More pertinently them coming here didn't give anyone the right to persecute them either.

I am not calling for the resignation of any individual at this stage. I have seen others calling for another force to investigage SYP in the media and on this thread, I do not want this. All that will do will waste time and give people longer to cover their tracks and disappear off the radar. We have seen how reliable that was when they covered up the Hillsborough Disaster and blamed victims then.

I think some people are failing to grasp the scale of this: 1,400 children, child victims and their desperate families and carers, all who were not only repeatedly failed but also treated with contempt, such a scandal involving council staff, child protection agencies, police, local businesses etc is unprecedented. It even makes Hillsborough look small in comparison. The victims and their families, and we, the people of South Yorkshire deserve nothing less than a full, open, public inquiry and the government should have announced there was going to be one days ago.

Instead of focussing attention on Shaun Wright at the moment, we need to be collectively asking for a full public inquiry, then, we will get a clearer picture of all those who need to shoulder responsibility, and where prosecutions are necessary.

100%

A huge amount of girls have had their childhood and their lives destroyed.

They and all the girls and young women that are being abused and exploited right now DESERVE an enquiry.

Where in the article does it statw all attackers of the 1500+ girls are all Muslim? Telling me there is no white pedo

From the report:

11.2 As has been stated many times before, there is no simple link between race and child sexual exploitation, and across the UK the greatest numbers of perpetrators of CSE are white men. The second largest category, according to the Children's Commissioner's report, are those from a minority ethnic background, particularly

- 92 -

those recorded as 'Asian'. In Rotherham, the majority of known perpetrators were of Pakistani heritage including the five men convicted in 2010. The file reading carried out by the Inquiry also confirmed that the ethnic origin of many perpetrators was ‘Asian’. In one major case in the mid-2000s, the convicted perpetrator was Afghan. Latterly, some child victims of CSE and some perpetrators had originated from the Roma Slovak community, with a steady increase in the number of child protection cases involving Roma children, though mainly in the category of neglect. Work with Roma families was one of the six priorities of the Child Sexual Exploitation sub-group of the Safeguarding Board in 2012. The Roma population in Rotherham was proportionately much larger than in bigger areas such as Bradford and Manchester.

1. They would do wouldn't they!! There has even been a Pakistani on Radio Sheffield this morning who said their attitude to women has to change but you still deny its a fact. If there is a full scale enquiry into this, which their should be I would be very confident that your arguments would be well and truly blown out of the water once the full facts emerged.

2. That justifies the current actions does it and its a bit of an over generalisation at best.

3. Didn't stop them from coming here en mass though did it, perhaps it wasn't as bad as you perceive.

I think that a lot of people's attitude towards women needs looking at.

For example, look at people's attitude towards Ched Evans, happy to welcome a convicted rapist back into their community, and the attitude shown towards the victim of his rape.

Another example would be the the attitude shown on here and other places towards the victims of the infamous media sex attackers. Many on here are very quick to rule out their claims, and label them as nothing more than being money grabbers.

I think that a lot of people's attitude towards women needs looking at.

For example, look at people's attitude towards Ched Evans, happy to welcome a convicted rapist back into their community, and the attitude shown towards the victim of his rape.

Another example would be the the attitude shown on here and other places towards the victims of the infamous media sex attackers. Many on here are very quick to rule out their claims, and label them as nothing more than being money grabbers.

Yes indeed. Plus the attitudes expressed on this forum in respect of the rape of a woman at a local Swingers club, the name of which I am delighted to say currently escapes me.

Yes indeed. Plus the attitudes expressed on this forum in respect of the rape of a woman at a local Swingers club, the name of which I am delighted to say currently escapes me.

I had that case in the back of my mind when this story broke.

I was worried that Sheffield Forum's usual misogynists would blame these vulnerable girls and accuse them of bringing harm upon themselves for willingly going off with these men at all hours of the day and night.

I am pleased this is very much not the case.

Of course it is, because that's all you want to see.

It is just as easy to claim that you refuse to see what you don't want to see.

This is disgusting ... What are the police doing not following these things up.... I don't know how the bloke in charge can live with himself.... If a crime is reported especially that serious it should be looked into..... I wonder if he has a daughter

This is disgusting ... What are the police doing not following these things up.... I don't know how the bloke in charge can live with himself.... If a crime is reported especially that serious it should be looked into..... I wonder if he has a daughter

I think that the police just didn't value these girls. Remember, many of the girls were from chaotic, difficult backgrounds. They were drinking, using drugs, in care, and the police had written them off. I've personally heard SYP officers use the phrase "s*** on s*** crime" when they consider that the victim themselves is an offender too. It's not an uncommon view of young people from difficult backgrounds, look at some of the comments on this thread;

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1259741

I had that case in the back of my mind when this story broke.

I was worried that Sheffield Forum's usual misogynists would blame these vulnerable girls and accuse them of bringing harm upon themselves for willingly going off with these men at all hours of the day and night.

I am pleased this is very much not the case.

Although i have no knowledge in this case , i do have anecdotal knowledge that this was the case in Derby and Rochdale from some parents of the victims,some care workers and some of the police and i would imagine a section of the committees/councils involved.

Some of the Rotherham girls were from abusive homes in the first place,so it really is disgraceful that more couldn't be done to remove them from harm.

Comment reposted, as there is more than one germane point, BUT WITH ALL REFERENCES TO DELETED POST REMOVED

I notice that not a lot of focus of the gobfrothers' comments are on the plight of the girls of the Muslim community who were also victims of these perverts. It's interesting that the Gf'ers say how little regard /value was given by the abusers to the white British girls... But are oddly silent, at the same lack of value given to the Pakistani-Muslim girls who also went through the same abuses.

What sexual abusers, and sexual exploiters like these, do, to the vulnerable people they target, is disgusting it's unacceptable. And whatever race, religion or nationality, then they deserve every last minute of any gaol sentence they are given on conviction.

However, the gobfrothers are using these vile specimens' race /religion as a stick to beat everyone of that race/religion with, as if there's some corporate guilt.

The people responsible for the rapes and abuse of these girls are those individuals who carried out those acts against the girls attacked and abused, and that guilt should be shared by the authorities who were to lazy or apathetic to act, and hid behind their supposed 'fear of being branded as racist' in their refusal to either take these girls' accusations seriously or to act effectively against them. Social services, and the police, I'm looking in your direction.

IMO, The taxi drivers collecting these girls from the children's' homes to ferry them to the venues where there arose and abuse took ace are complicit in the guilt, too, as they must have had an inkling of an idea, as to what purpose they were transporting those children for.

I w appalled at some comments quoted earlier before the cleanup, about the under 13s reported as being abused in this case, allegedly consenting to the sex acts against them. That, in my book warrants the biggest 'wtf-erry'. In thus case.

What the hell-ing hell happened to the law of this land which states quite clearly that an under-13 cannot, in law, be deemed capable of giving their consent to sexual acts, and as such, it would be deemed the equivalent of a statutory rape in this country. (yes it is not called statutory rape in the UK, but I am saying it's the equivalent under the wording of UK law) so how in the hell can it be said they, at 11,12, 13 years of age, were able to consent? For God's sake, the reaction of the authorities was lazy to allow this to go unchallenged.

Also an interesting fact, in answer to those who say the Muslim abusers used the white girls as they 'could' have sex with them, even though the Muslim girls were allegedly 'off limits' ( which is a lie, as Muslim girls were also abused)...

In Islam, ALL sex outside of marriage is a form of 'zina' or fornication, and is a sin, and forbidden to Muslims.

The fact that a muslim cannot have sex until they are married may partly contribute to the problem.As i remember (it is sometime since i was a teenager) that your hormones are starting to go wild when you are young and you start taking an interest in the opposite sex.A certain amount of sexual frustration may be present and for some reason they may think having sex with a non muslim is ok even though they probably know it is wrong.

The fact that a muslim cannot have sex until they are married may partly contribute to the problem.As i remember (it is sometime since i was a teenager) that your hormones are starting to go wild when you are young and you start taking an interest in the opposite sex.A certain amount of sexual frustration may be present and for some reason they may think having sex with a non muslim is ok even though they probably know it is wrong.

But pouring petrol over a girl and threatening to set her alight isn't really about getting your sneaky teenage kicks is it? Rape isn't about sex, it's about power and hatred. And wasn't one of Laura Wilson's abusers (her murderer? Can't remember) married?