Rotherham Children sexually exploited

Have you thought that maybe there is more than than one reason why abuse is covered up? Just because political correctness is not always the root cause doesn't mean it isn't the root cause in this case, which it clearly is.

I made an observation about the Muslim community and its' propensity for turning out a disproportionate amount of sexual predators who do not respect women, religious extremists and terrorists, which is indisputably correct. I'd only be stereotyping if I said all Muslims were sexual predators who do not respect women, religious extremists and terrorists, which I didn't say because that is plainly incorrect.

As for your argument that this is all about incompetence and not political correctness... you are just wrong. Incompetence is the inability to perform your duties and responsibilities. In this case the people at the top failed to do their duty out of choice and not because they lack the ability to do it. They chose to protect themselves first and foremost because the culture of political correctness meant that any claim of racism (proven or not) would likely end/stunt their career. The root cause is the culture of political correctness where mud is slung too quickly and sticks too easily.

Re my bolds.

Perfect examples of the certainty of ill informed opinion!

There is an extract in the memoirs of Jimmy Savile in which he brags quite openly about why he will never be brought to account for what he was accused (at the time) of doing.

Read it Zamo!

You may have your eyes opened if you can see beyond your blatant prejudice!

There isn't an Asian face to be seen amongst the vast numbers of important people and police officers who not only turned a blind eye but were actively involved. Savile knew that and they knew he knew it...thus the reason he died with all the pomp and fanfare of royalty!

Anyone believing child abuse to be the preserve of any particular culture or race is falling for the three card trick!

Child abuse is continuing as I type and will continue as long as the red herrings of race and culture are swallowed by idiots peddling an agenda of hate.

Child abuse will persist with the involvement of people from the very so called "top" of society as long as they can continue to whip up a little fervour in the minds of fools.

The abuse goes on!

The cover ups go on!

A great deal has been made of race in regard to this issue, but there is a far bigger player that has far more to do with why these children's suffering occurred for so long; mysogyny.

No, tommo, bf was not saying it's ok to target the vulnerable kids, those from dysfunctional families, the point he was making was that the vile so-and-so abusers were well aware of which sort of persons are 'best' to target as potential 'victims'.

It's little point in that type of abuser, targeting confident young women from strong, supportive families, as they would doubtless not get far. However, a vulnerable, unhappy, alienated child, who had perhaps already been subjected to abuse would be an easier target.

Still doesn't make it right, but its a sad fact that the abusers are hardly likely to make it hard for themselves by selecting a near-impossible target, are they?

Edited by Plain Talker
Damn this autocorrect!!!

Unfortunately the report author disagrees with you, there were many reasons for the abuse culture which developed in Rotherham, policitical correctness played a part, but Professor Jarvis stated it was only a small part.

If political correctness is not the root cause (just a small part of it) then can you please tell us what the bigger parts are that we are overlooking? What was it that drove the people at the top of the council, social services and the police to suppress reports and stop investigations?

If political correctness is not the root cause (just a small part of it) then can you please tell us what the bigger parts are that we are overlooking? What was it that drove the people at the top of the council, social services and the police to suppress reports and stop investigations?

Mysogyny......

Laziness... Incompetence... Apathy...or even (perish the thought!) involvement...!

Perm any eight-from-ten, Zamo.

Re my bolds.

Perfect examples of the certainty of ill informed opinion!

There is an extract in the memoirs of Jimmy Savile in which he brags quite openly about why he will never be brought to account for what he was accused (at the time) of doing.

Read it Zamo!

You may have your eyes opened if you can see beyond your blatant prejudice!

There isn't an Asian face to be seen amongst the vast numbers of important people and police officers who not only turned a blind eye but were actively involved. Savile knew that and they knew he knew it...thus the reason he died with all the pomp and fanfare of royalty!

Anyone believing child abuse to be the preserve of any particular culture or race is falling for the three card trick!

Child abuse is continuing as I type and will continue as long as the red herrings of race and culture are swallowed by idiots peddling an agenda of hate.

Child abuse will persist with the involvement of people from the very so called "top" of society as long as they can continue to whip up a little fervour in the minds of fools.

The abuse goes on!

The cover ups go on!

If you can find a post where I say child abuse is the preserve of any one community then I'll eat my own testicles.

What I said is that there is something wrong with the Muslim culture because it produces a disproportionate amount of sexual predators who do not have any respect for women, religious extremists and terrorists. Do they have exclusivity on these problems... no. Do they have a bigger problem than other cultures... yes.

What have I said that is inaccurate?

Which is totally irrelevant and certainly provides no mitigation. Taking advantage of these children's situation only makes the offenders look worse.

Unless of course you are saying that makes it alright to prey on children from dysfunctional families.

Mitigation? Who's trying to provide mitigation? The abuses enacted on these children were inexcusable, I'm simply identifying the reasons why they fell into the network of abuse, as I said previously none were the children of doctors or dentists.

Attacking whay you claim is my logic in a misleading way does nothing to give your post credence, quite the contrary in fact.

So extending your logic, should we conclude that white people are unable to take care of their children? If you don't wish to extend that logic then it seems illogical that you wish to stereotype Muslims

I think you will find under forum rules that may constitute a personal attack. Which is not an uncommon tactic on here used by some people when their argument is ineffective.

I think you'll find I'm not in the slightest bothered if that offends you.

Why do you single out the Daily Mail?

Because it's shorthand for sensationalist lies and xenophobia.

Does it not make these evil activities of sexual abuse, rape and beatings etc even worse when people from one culture predominently prey upon the children of another. It then becomes percievable as not just an attack on these children but as an attack on their culture too.

From a victim's perspective I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference, they'd probably prefer not to be raped at all.

I would have thought you would have been opposed to these muslim pedaphiles providing 'ammunition' for the racist extremists and would want both them and those that through action or inaction allowed them to get away with their perverted activites convicted and sentenced to the full extent of the law as quickly as possible.

Presumably you're afflicted with temporary word blindness when you read my views about the perpetrators?

Gives who a reprieve?

The people I highlighted in my post.

Whilst this particular case is a Muslim problem, as there are as yet no non-muslim members of these groups being identified, there are other pedaphile groups from different levels of society currently being featured in the media as being under investigation. Where it not for my views on captial punishment I'd condsider hanging the lot of them.

Indeed, and it took the authorities an inordinate amount of time to respond to those allegations..you're not going to propose it was because the perpetrators were white are you?

I pleased to see that you are not defending the pedaphiles, (in gangs or not) but you do appear to be trying to divert attention away from these scum bags that were operating in rotherham.

The thread's about the failings in the child protection system, which is related to but separate from the abuse that occurred, which has been covered here previously and I contributed to ad nauseum.

The important issue is how we stop similar failings happening again. Keir Starmer has advocated mandatory reporting, ie making it a criminal offence to not report abuse that you have evidence of. That would protect the individual child protection officer so situations like Rotherham cant happen again...unless the protagonists are prepared to go to prison.

May I ask.... Why might your justification for that be?

Since your question is based on a falsehood I have no answer to it.

I'd offer a refusal to think that the accusations of these children were worth the effort of investigating as one alternative.

Another would be a climate where following procedure, meeting arbitrary targets and ticking boxes were far more important than actually helping children. This led to vulnerable children not only being ignored but not being put on any list or register and just disappearing from the system.

And finally possibly the realisation that you had failed so completely that you try and cover up your failure.

If you can find a post where I say child abuse is the preserve of any one community then I'll eat my own testicles.

What I said is that there is something wrong with the Muslim culture because it produces a disproportionate amount of sexual predators who do not have any respect for women, religious extremists and terrorists. Do they have exclusivity on these problems... no. Do they have a bigger problem than other cultures... yes.

What have I said that is inaccurate?

The bit I've emboldened is the inaccurate part. There's no such thing as 'the Muslim culture'. It's as meaninglessly broad a phrase as you could possibly use.

It's all here for those who have an attention span in excess of a gnat's :)

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 14:06 ----------

A physical impossibility since you're already hanging by your balls ;)

A great deal has been made of race in regard to this issue, but there is a far bigger player that has far more to do with why these children's suffering occurred for so long; mysogyny.

That's an interesting point you make but to clarify, are you inferring that misogyny is endemic to the Pakistani community or just in the group that committed these acts?