Rotherham Children sexually exploited

Yes, I know what you're saying but the electorate also elects a Government.

As I understand, the Monarch has the power to dissolve parliament if it is a shower of ####. Something that should have happened 4 years ago!

You would have thought that the Crown retains this power. Not unless they really do want SW to stay.

He'll be paid off.

Channel 4 news ran a piece last night where they couldn't get a single senior Muslim in Rotherham to make any comment whatsoever on what has happened. A perfect opportunity to make a strong statement condemning what has happened. Instead they took the easy way out and refused to say anything.

Muslim communities and leaders need to start being far more pro-active and less insular, because if they carry on as they will end up increasingly distrusted and isolated. Whether its justified or not.

I have no idea whether this knowledge of what is happening/happened is widespread in the Muslim community. I strongly suspect from friends that it isn't, but they need to be far more open.

C'mon Zamo, I have a fear of spiders but it's my fault not the spiders!

A fear of spiders (except big hairy ones) is irrational. It is not irrational to fear having your career stopped in it's tracks or your livelihood taken away. That is what happened when people rocked the boat and after a while people begin to comply because they learn it is futile and self-destructive.

Likewise professional people, employed to do a job of protecting children are likely to encounter challenging situations and dialogue, being accused of being a racist is nonsense, it might create a little emotional anxiety in the lily-livered but the fact remains it can't be used as a defence to not act in reports of child abuse. Perhaps they need to go on a Harsh Language and How to Deal With It' course.

And how are social workers or ordinary police officers suppose to act without the backing of the bosses at the top? Do you think kids can be legally taken into care without a senior manager authorising it? Do you think police offices get to pick and choose the cases they work on or get sent to the CPS for prosecution? It has nothing to do with being lily-livered and everything to do with being powerless to act without the backing and authorisation of those at the top.

It is easy to imagine yourself acting the hero in their shoes but you aren't in their shoes and if you were you'd act no differently.

Choking the real (and required debate) about child protection and the causes of it because of the 'small part' this fear played (the report author's words, not mine) is disingenuous to real victims of racism, and more importantly the victims of child abuse.

I don't think it does choke the debate about child protection and the causes. They are separate issues and both need addressing. We do not need to choose which one to address... we can do both at the same time.

..and herein lies the proof of my point, yes the problem is prevalent, but it's prevalent amongst all reports of abuse, not where the perpetrators are exclusively Muslim. So we need to look at the reasons why such reports historically and perhaps now aren't taken seriously or aren't proactively investigated, whether they be a cohort of Muslim taxi drivers or people in positions of influence, it just so happens that in the case of Muslim abusers the people who are being challenged about the failings can hang their shortcomings on the 'fear of appearing racist', peg.

We don't disagree on this point, which is about addressing the culture that prevented cases with a racial/cultural element being pursued. There is however the separate issue of why the Muslim community is producing a disproportionate number of men that have no respect for women - something that we can blame them for and ask them to address.

I disagree, and I'm sure my Catholic friends would be outraged by your suggestion.

Being outraged would not make your friends right. I know it happened with members of my own family in Ireland.

If that's the case I'm sure you'll see the obvious oxymoron in that statement compared to others you've made previously. So are you saying Muslims paedophiles are born that way rather than it being cultural influences?

Firstly, let's be clear about definition. Paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger. As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. Therefore Asian grooming gangs may have had some paedophiles (product of nature) but the majority would have been born 'normal' and the abuse they inflicted on young girls was caused by an upbringing that left them without any respect for women (at least those not of their culture) and a moral compass pointing the wrong way.

How about blaming the abusers?

Sure. Doesn't mean that the community that raised them to have no respect for women (with special disrespect reserved for women from other cultures) are without blame.

I've a full appreciation of 'how it works', however do you think the people who are susceptible to such influence would be so cavalier about a child abuse allegation involving their own children? So what do they do? i) They identify the managers in their organisation who've made these statements (interesting how they still remain anonymous don't you think?) ii) Faced with an unsympathetic manager they go directly to the police. iii) Failing action they go to the media.

What makes you think people didn't do that? Do you think the fear was all theoretical? Do you not think people had careers halted or taken away from them for challenging the powers that be? Let me tell you that senior people in the public sector can be absolutely ruthless when threatened.

What, being accused of being a racist without any evidence? It's hardly a life changing injury is it?

Not getting promoted, hounded out of your job or being falsely accused of things to get rid... yes, life changing injury.

Well you'd be wrong, again. I've faced hundreds of challenging situations in my professional life, some Ive dealt with well, others not so. But if I knew a group of people were abusing children and I was employed to protect vulnerable children Im afraid I'd be even more verbose than I am on here, are you saying you'd act differently?

When you bosses take a case off you because they want it handled differently then what do you do? You can be as 'verbose' as you like but if you don't work on the cases you are given then you'll face disciplinary action, which will at best stunt your career and at worse result in you losing your job. You're practically powerless, the odds are against you and the risks are high... which is why most people let it go.

The PC zealots are a product of system abuses, patronage, misogyny, sexism and discrimination that's taken place in this country for centuries. If everyone had been treated fairly from outset there would be no need for PC zealots.

The is a need for quality champions... not bullying PC zealots.

Edited by Zamo

Why say this is not about race, IT is about race its about the pakistan community in Rotherham.

they are the ones that have been grooming and abusing children.

they where the ones last time involved when the 5 got prison and 1 is already released.

They said that was it. personally i think they knew about others aswell.

you cant hind something this big in there own community and all those that got let off last time should now face prossecution for there part back then and any future crimes they have committed.

this is not down to a couple of them, as statements given by some of those abused. they where taken to take aways, in taxis and to houses.

I am disgusted by what has happend and i hope they all get what they deserve.

I also want to see all those officials that was involved in turning there back on those innocent children to face prosecution for neglect and anything else they can be done for.

the police at the time that arrested the parents that went to these pakistani houses, should also be turning there note books in for inspection of who was involved and they themselves should be before the courts, the police at the time even arrested the children .

This has to stop and all those that abused those children need to be in prison, there faces and names should be made public and they should go permanently on a sex offenders register

scum every last one of them that was involved

Yes, I know what you're saying but the electorate also elects a Government.

As I understand, the Monarch has the power to dissolve parliament if it is a shower of ####. Something that should have happened 4 years ago!

You would have thought that the Crown retains this power. Not unless they really do want SW to stay.

The Crown has no power to remove SW, in fact it has less power than the voters of South Yorkshire over him.

We left the days of the monarch saying things like, "will no one rid me of this troublesome police and crime commissioner" and people taking the hint a long time ago.

The Crown has no power to remove SW, in fact it has less power than the voters of South Yorkshire over him.

We left the days of the monarch saying things like, "will no one rid me of this troublesome police and crime commissioner" and people taking the hint a long time ago.

Ha ha.

And this is the democracy that the Government wants to export to the world!

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 15:21 ----------

Where's William Hague when you need him. He was good at telling Assad to go.

Our shambles of a government have been far too quiet on this. They are ultimately responsible, for ensuring councils perform effectively and protect children.

Mind you, thinking about it, they haven't been too quick at putting their own house in order when it comes to this sort of thing, have they?

I have met Wrighty lad a couple of times, seems smooth but some would say slimy. One thing is sure, he has the brass neck to weather all this and to hell with anything anyone says he is in no doubt no one can do anything to hik as regards his time in charge of child services. He thinks and says he has done nothing wrong and the that Police Service is a better place since he took the non descript waste of time but very expensive joker position of Police Commissioner. As said he has the brass neck to simply sit tight and continue claiming his £100k a year in wages for doing nothing. He tells us that he has taken his experience whilst in Rotherham Council over to the Police for their benefit ??? What a laugh, how can anyone have any trust in any decision or advice he may offer the Police given his past performance with the labour junta that is Rotherham Council

Erm what about the predominantly WHITE, middle-class, middle aged, male members of the council who did nothing about it?!?! Nobody of any creed or colour comes out of this situation in any glory, so stop trying to twist it into a pre-determined racial agenda.

Little is mentioned in reference to the grooming of young white girls for the purposes of rape, statutory rape and sexual abuse.

Quoting from a statement by rother council

http://beforeitsnews.com/eu/2014/08/muslim-sex-gangs-the-victims-of-rotherham-councils-anti-racism-policies-2567894.html

racism against Muslim sex groomers was deemed a worse crime than racism towards young white females.

This is not being 'twisted into a pre-determoned racial agenda'

IT IS A RACIAL MATTER!

If it were not a race realted matter then the perpetrators would not be all asian muslims and the victims would not be almost completely exclusively white girls.

The offences were without doubt racially motivated which should add to the lengths of their sentences.

A question raise for me is why these muslim perverts are not also being referred to as pedophiles which of course they are. The majority of their victims were under the age of 16 and unable to legally consent to intercourse and as I understand it none of the victims were adults.

We have gangs of asian muslim men raping and sexually abusing white children... how on earth can you possibly even think to suggest this is not a racial matter?

As for the councillors at the time being predominantly white you are correct.

Did you never see 'Yes Minister'.

It is not the just councillors that run a council. They rely heavily on information being passed to them and being advised by council staff.

I'll just point out, as a matter of interest, that I noticed that you failed to mention the predominant ethnicity of the council staff that are involved. Not that it really matters in either case.

IMHO all the councillors and council staff that knew anything about this and failed to act or had anything to do with the cover-up should all be in court for aiding and abetting.

The pedophile rapists when convicted could be given life sentences and because of the number of offences committed (there are surprisingly many) and additionally for the number of times each of those offences was committed there is every justification for 'whole life minimum term sentences'.

http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/uk-child-abusers-named-and-shamed/facts-and-stats-on-child-abuse/sentences-explained-for-sexual-crimes/

These pedophiles are also guilty of both aiding and abbetting each other and conspiracy, the sentences for which can mirror those of the actual offence. There is no need for these men to ever be released.

The purposes of awarding a prison sentences are theoretically to punish, reform, deter re-offending and of course to deter others, at least they are in the eyes of the public.

We offer chemical castration for sex offenders as means of securing early release (sadly to offender has to consent to this) the merits of which is a debatebale subject on its own.

But in these cases the men will not live long enough to serve sufficient time for appropriate punishment to have been rendered so rehabilitation is not really an issue.

Unfortunately little can be done legally to prevent these groomers from using their experiences with these children to fuel their mastabatory fantasies whilst they are in prison, though keeping them permanently on suicide watch may help..

The councillors and council staff members, social workers, police, CPS and anyone else that through their actions or inactions aided and abbetted these offences should also be given heavy sentences that reflect those that I believe should be awarded to the perpetrators. Fear of losing one's job should not provide any mitigation we are talking about offences that were coldly calculated and were committed by gangs on children over a long period of time here. The very nature of grooming is that the offeces to be comitted were pre-meditated there is no mitigation possible for the things they have done.

These rapes and assaults were comitted on these children and they will have to live with the memory of them for lthe rest of their lives. I doubt most of them will be able to go on and develop normal meaningful relationships in the future, something the rest of us usually would take for granted.

Do not forget what happened to Laura Wilson or Charlene Downes which is a clear sign of what being a victim of these pedophile groomers can lead to and the depths they will sink to cover up their activities. They knew what they had done and were so ashamed that plotted and then murdered their victims to avoid their own shame. Something no doubt many of these children will feel for the rest of their lives, but ridding the world of their attackers in a similar manner is not an option for them

The actions or inactions of the parents and legal guardians of these children should also be examined although I accept that not all parents not even the better ones always know what their children are getting into or upto.

Edited by Tommo68

Instead of bickering on here, and achieving nothing, why not use your time constructively by lobbying/complaining to your MP for this matter to be investigated further.

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

I have sent my MP a message in the hope she will write to Mr Cameron.

Well you can't really draw an analogy without providing evidence of sensational statements you go on to make, it's a clever trick creating the notion in the mind of the casual observer.

Do you have evidence of the hundreds of parked cars parked illlegally at football matches that get ticketed and the ethnicity of the owners?

Do you have evidence of who owns the cars parked illegally outside mosques which don't get ticketed or indeed whether they do get ticketed or not?

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Did white folks generally adopt a cloak of silence around the abuses of Jimmy Saville etc?

Not when it became clear as to what a pervert he was came out, It made headlines throughout the land on T.V. radio and newspapers.

Do not forget what happened to......Charlene Downes......

If you know what happened to Charlene Downes then tell the Lancashire Police. No one has been convicted over her disappearance. Two people faced charges for murder and after a trial where the jury did not return a verdict a second trial ended with charges being dropped and the men being cleared. Until you can prove who murdered her, assuming she was murdered, then her case has nothing to do with this thread.

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 16:39 ----------

Not when it became clear as to what a pervert he was came out, It made headlines throughout the land on T.V. radio and newspapers.

After decades of it all being covered up.