Rotherham Children sexually exploited

Is that the fault of the Muslim community and the idea of political correctness, or the fault of the incompetence of the services involved?

Yes it is the fault of the muslim community as well as social services and the police unless you are going to suggest that the muslim community knew nothing of what was happening? Are you saying that?

Is that the fault of the Muslim community and the idea of political correctness, or the fault of the incompetence of the services involved?

Both. Sort of. Probably. First and foremost the authorities are to blame - they were presented with info and kicked it to the kerb for fear of looking racist. High grade ineptitude. I'm not sure about the Muslim community being at fault - paedos are by nature secretive so until evidence is presented that the wider community knew about it I'll say the majority were in the dark.

Its the fault of the Muslim community that they adopted a cloak of silence for something that was being done on such a large scale, political correctness added to it by giving them invincibility. These are the two biggest factors in why we are where we are today as I have said before this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not to belittle this shocking story but an analogy can be made to parking offence penalties:

A football match attended by predominantly white males - hundreds of illegally parked cars ticketed.

A mosque attended by totally asian communities - no illegally parked cars ticketed.

This is an example of the kid gloves treatment that political correctness breeds, we now find this extends to much more unsavoury levels in society.

Well you can't really draw an analogy without providing evidence of sensational statements you go on to make, it's a clever trick creating the notion in the mind of the casual observer.

Do you have evidence of the hundreds of parked cars parked illlegally at football matches that get ticketed and the ethnicity of the owners?

Do you have evidence of who owns the cars parked illegally outside mosques which don't get ticketed or indeed whether they do get ticketed or not?

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Its the fault of the Muslim community that they adopted a cloak of silence
Did white folks generally adopt a cloak of silence around the abuses of Jimmy Saville etc?

Both. Sort of. Probably. First and foremost the authorities are to blame - they were presented with info and kicked it to the kerb for fear of looking racist. High grade ineptitude. I'm not sure about the Muslim community being at fault - paedos are by nature secretive so until evidence is presented that the wider community knew about it I'll say the majority were in the dark.

I think first and foremost the abusers were to blame!!

It was stated on the radio by a muslim that it was common knowledge amongst the communities, it would be very difficult to hide something so massive in a relatively small area, hiding in plain sight is probably the best term to apply.

What you describe is the typical bureaucrat fear that is indeed a form of political correctness, but the simple fact is that this fear stems from incompetence and can therefore be attributed to political correctness gone mad. It doesn't mean political correctness in itself is mad.

The problem that arises from this is that it has the complete opposite effect and now people like Zamo use it as an excuse to point the finger at race/religion, rather than at the root cause: incompetence. In the meantime bureaucrats like our PCC will hide behind the sort of explanation you provided, exacerbating the situation rather than fixing it.

There are two issues here.

One is the issue with the Muslim community producing a disproportionate amount of sexual predators, religious extremists and terrorist. This is a cultural issue that has nothing to do with race but does have something to do with religion because the religion is central to the culture. And, yes, I do point the finger at the Muslim community because they need to do something about it.

The other issue is the extent to which we have allowed the legitimate push for greater equality to turn into politically correct bullying. I'm not sure how you arrive at incompetence being the root cause of this. The root cause is simply people getting hung up on racism as the number one evil and turning an equality campaign into a witch hunt. It is a British culture issue and is something we need to address.

What I don't understand is that how come the Home Secretay or the Prime Minister can't remove Shaun Wright from his post? Maybe the Queen could remove him as he must have sworn some kind of oath?

[/color]Did white folks generally adopt a cloak of silence around the abuses of Jimmy Saville etc?

Not white folks generally of course, but many of those around him, It would seem so, yes.

Yes it is the fault of the muslim community as well as social services and the police unless you are going to suggest that the muslim community knew nothing of what was happening? Are you saying that?

I assure you that the majority of the Muslim community did not know of it, just as the majority of white people didn't know of priests and Saviles.

Its the fault of the Muslim community that they adopted a cloak of silence for something that was being done on such a large scale, political correctness added to it by giving them invincibility. These are the two biggest factors in why we are where we are today as I have said before this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Again, is that the fault of the Muslim community? Do 'we' not adopt the exact same cloak to sexual abuse? I know people that were abused and never reported a thing 'police can't do anything' and I know of girls snapped up in 'loverboy' scams, as it is known in the Netherlands, where the police couldn't/wouldn't do anything, despite us, as a school, repeatedly requesting intervention.

There are two issues here.

One is the issue with the Muslim community producing a disproportionate amount of sexual predators, religious extremists and terrorist. This is a cultural issue that has nothing to do with race but does have something to do with religion because the religion is central to the culture. And, yes, I do point the finger at the Muslim community because they need to do something about it.

The other issue is the extent to which we have allowed the legitimate push for greater equality to turn into politically correct bullying. I'm not sure how you arrive at incompetence being the root cause of this. The root cause is simply people getting hung up on racism as the number one evil and turning an equality campaign into a witch hunt. It is a British culture issue and is something we need to address.

The incompetence is incredibly obvious, don't you think? I agree that there is pressure on the Muslim community to act, but I stop well short of blaming that community wholesale for what is going on or by providing them with guidance on how to do so, that is theirs to resolve. In the mean time it is ours, as society and thus including that Muslim community, to discuss in much clearer and stricter language how we prevent sexual abuse of this type. I notice you ignore PCPlod's personal account of how this was dealt with, read it and tell me Police acted appropriately.

In the meantime we should petition our PCC to get the hell out of office. In the meantime we should decide how we appropriately resolve the enormous social services crisis in this country, in the meantime we should not use this to point fingers at one part of our population, that has never resolved anything and it won't do so now.

Instead of wasting resources and, perhaps even more importantly, public goodwill on a fight against terror we should start to appropriately fight for the rights of these abused girls, in our own backyard.

Btw speaking of political correctness, with the deserved public outrage this sort of case generates, in my opinion we are approaching a stage where it can be deemed politically correct to dismember these perpetrators from their gentlemanly parts and let the rest of their mutilated corpses rot in a dungeon on bread and water for the rest of their lives.

So you don't think white folks generally should be made accountable for white paedophiles anymore than Muslims generally should be accountable for the activities of paedophiles in their number?

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 13:55 ----------

..and black and white boys don't do this as well?

What did your friend report to the police?

Why do you justify your comments by bringing "white folks" or "white boys" in to the conversation? ...the whole thread is about the abuse carried out by Muslims...

And what do you think he reported to the Police?.....do you need it spelling out?

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Later that year, I investigated a case of rape and attempted rape of a nine years old girl.....

Several days before he would be committed for trial at Crown Court, my desk drawers were forced open, and all the original papers in the case were stolen.

Your post had me in tears. I have no reason to doubt what you say. If this is true then it just doesn't bear thinking about.

I note that 'Chief Constable' is referred to several times already in conjunction with reports, and wikepedia suggests there were five in all during the time the Rotherham report focusses on, however, I can see no Chief Constable named on the list of persons interviewed for the report purposes. I find this bizarre.