Rotherham Children sexually exploited

caucasian males :huh:

I can see being the "2nd in command idiot apologist" for the SF flock is having an effect you:suspect:

The reports are saying that the overwhelming majority of offenders said that the offenders were British Pakistani. The overwhelming majority of their child victims have said that their abusers were abusers of Pakistani descent.

what problem do you have with that objective, hard-fact?

In this instance the perpetrators were various groups of British born, Pakistani men, however the majority of paedophiles are middle aged, white males, the post I quoted wasn't referencing this case specifically.

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 16:47 ----------

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10714732.10_jailed_as_police_stop_large_scale_sex_exploitation_of_girl__13/

All those men are white. What shall we blame? Maybe there were a large number of Asian social workers who were worried about being accused of racism?

I accept that the anti-race card seems to be being played as an excuse but just a short google search will find you many cases of groups of white men abusing girls and boys.

I cannot see how this is primarily a race issue as others have pointed out, but I also can't see any harm into looking into ways that the community the men came from could have done more to stop this and reported it. That applies to the Catholic Church, the BBC and the community in York linked to above. In fact, maybe everyone of us should think long and hard about how we think when we see a 12 year old girl on her own drunk, wandering around town or trying to get into nightclubs. Do we judge her and her family or do we call the police so she can be protected? Sadly, I'd assume most would judge her, probably me included if I'm going to be honest.

:thumbsup: Spot on.

I've no sympathy for the perpetrators, nor any for those who were required to protect vulnerable children, yet many here seem to believe stating a fear of being accused of racism somehow should have some credibility.

Edited by boyfriday

I thought that the whole point of these Police Commissioners was that they would be 'accountable to the public'

It beggars belief that he say's that he knew nothing, won't give an interview and won't stand down.

You will get a chance not to vote for him in a couple of years.

I'm not sure whether or not there is any point in him giving an interview given that he has responded to the situation in the past and presumably won't say anything significantly different to what he's said before.

You will get a chance not to vote for him in a couple of years.

I'm not sure whether or not there is any point in him giving an interview given that he has responded to the situation in the past and presumably won't say anything significantly different to what he's said before.

Yeah ok. Leave it at that then. Lets forget any of this ever happened and leave him alone.

Mods please end this thread. We should all put our faith in the democratic process in two years time and not vote for him, only to get another untouchable.

you don't see the irony in your statement ? now the right wing have taken the story, turned it into a race issue and battering the WHOLE Asian community

strangely disregarding the other recent sex cases and major coverups due to the communities they evolved from

its not a race issue its a rape issue

The disproportionate amount of sexual predators and religious fruitcakes coming from the Muslim community is (as Mel points out) not a by-product of any natural, racial defect. It is a by-product of the nurturing received. It is a cultural issue.

Is it fair to batter the whole Muslim community for the animals they raise with such abhorrent views and beliefs? Not sure that it matters. Patience is running thin and the risk of a backlash (which are always indiscriminate) is seriously high. The last thing British Muslims need is people telling them it isn't their fault and there is nothing they need to do... they desperately need to do something.

Just like at those Birmingham schools, the non-Muslim whites that were in charge at these places need putting under the microscope because something smells fishy to me. :suspect:

But we don't, the fact usually erudite thinkers overlook this fact makes no sense to me.

Oh but we do;

Oxford; But both Oxfordshire social services and Thames Valley police were criticised for failing to act sooner to help the girls, despite their plight being brought to their attention on more than one occasion.

Rochdale; “Social services believed that these girls were choosing to be prostitutes,” Danczuk says now, “and they concluded, absolutely wrongly, that they should be allowed to get on with it.”

Blackpool; Mick Gradwell, a former detective superintendent with Lancashire Police, told The Times officers had long been aware that girls in Blackpool, Blackburn and Burnley were being “passed around like toys for sexual gratification” but that investigations were being hampered by political correctness.

That's just the first three I looked at, the same old (cough) incompetences seem to keep on appearing when it's a Pakistani grooming gang. Contrast this with the story from York that sgtkate posted, the mother goes to the police with the text messages on her daughter's mobile phone and she's not ignored.

To think this is simple incompetence is delusional. The coincidences are just too unbelievable.

Yeah ok. Leave it at that then. Lets forget any of this ever happened and leave him alone.

Let's not do any of these things.

I imagine he will step down in the next couple of days, maybe sooner.

Oh but we do;

That's just the first three I looked at, the same old (cough) incompetences seem to keep on appearing when it's a Pakistani grooming gang. Contrast this with the story from York that sgtkate posted, the mother goes to the police with the text messages on her daughter's mobile phone and she's not ignored.

To think this is simple incompetence is delusional. The coincidences are just too unbelievable.

Cut your quote down a bit for space.

I think the main difference between the cases involving Asian men and the one from York are exactly as you posted, that the mother of one of the girls contacted the police with the texts. In the other cases it appears that the girls were targeted specifically because their parents wouldn't raise any issue with the police. Although reading again someone said that the fathers were arrested trying to bring the girls home? Again to me that implies that they didn't want the police involved. However, it's obvious that the police here are incompetent at the best and possibly criminally negligent.

It also raises questions about how organised the Asian gangs were that they knew exactly the right girls to abuse which suggests a high level of organisation and collaboration and it's that factor which is particularly disturbing to me.

I have checked the site but this petition is not listed has anyone seen it?

The petition is on change.org and headed "Theresa May: Shaun Wright...." Sorry can't do links and apparently doing so for petitions is against forum rules.

Let's not do any of these things.

I imagine he will step down in the next couple of days, maybe sooner.

You obviously don't get sarcasm. To not do anything and shut up about it was the inference that I got from you.

You obviously don't get sarcasm. To not do anything and shut up about it was the inference that I got from you.

it's very hard to do sarcasm on the interweb.

and that certainly wasn't the inference I was hoping you would infer.

in reality, there is very little that can be done to remove someone from office if they choose not to go especially as their failing relates to a previous employment.

apparently, he has been quite energetic in pushing to police to investigate and prosecute child abuse cases since being elected pcc.

Link to the petition.

http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-remove-shaun-wright-as-police-commissioner?share_id=lRmrwLLIpy&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 17:50 ----------

Very much worth a read on this god awful debacle.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/girls-suffered-council-obfuscated-says-andrew-norfolk-reported-prompted-times-reveals-least-1400

“When the council discovered that The Times intended to publish information about care workers’ knowledge of Laura’s involvement with 'Asian men', it sought at great expense a High Court injunction barring publication.

“It dropped the legal action in June 2012 after Michael Gove, the education secretary at the time, accused the board of withholding 'relevant and important material'. Three months later, this newspaper revealed the extent of Rotherham’s failure to protect exploited children. The council’s response was to ask the police, and then a firm of solicitors, to investigate the leak of restricted information.

So now we know. Rotherham CC thought it more important to find a "leak" rather than deal with a previous inquiries findings, and saving more children going through these horrific crimes!

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 17:54 ----------

apparently, he has been quite energetic in pushing to police to investigate and prosecute child abuse cases since being elected pcc.

Says who?

Shaun Wright ONLY organised a further investigation because The Times went ahead and published their investigation to the problems in Rotherham.

At no point has either he or anyone else in Rotherham done the right thing. In fact, at every single point in this episode they have been dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing. If it was left to Rotherham CC....we still would not be aware of the problems.