Rotherham Children sexually exploited

Most child abusers are white. It's actually an example of how children in working class communities end up being vulnerable to potential abusers.

Britain is predominantly white, so it stands to reason most child abusers in Britain will be white. In Pakistan or Africa most child abusers will not be white.

Britain is predominantly white, so it stands to reason most child abusers in Britain will be white. In Pakistan or Africa most child abusers will not be white.

True Alan.

Least somebody's got some sense.

I'm just waiting for some idiot to claim I'm racist.

The report found

"Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

So obviously for Rotherham political correctness and cultural sensitivity was more important than children been raped. Most authorities now are more interested in PR and ticking boxes for diversity than protecting children.

No, I absolutely disagree. It had sod all to do with cultural sensitivities, it had more to do with the authorities putting as little value on the girls who were abused, as the men who were doing the abusing, and the authorities using the race card as a cover up / excuse for their apathy and laziness, and above all as a cover-up for the appalling failure to protect the girls from these monsters.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:36 ----------

Provide the stats.

But it seems there is no shortage of folk prepared to cover up such facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-29012571

"It also stated: "Responsibility was continuously placed on young people's shoulders rather than with the suspected abusers."

"Her report was never published. And the council even tried unsuccessfully to get the researcher sacked".

"She said: "I was subjected to the most intense personal hostility - there were threats made from a range of sources. I've never seen back-covering like it and I still feel extremely angry about that."

Prof Alexis Jay, who wrote last week's independent report into the abuse in Rotherham, said the Home Office report was "effectively suppressed".

Her report states: "Had this [2002 draft] report been treated with the seriousness it merited at the time by both the police and the council, the children involved then and later would have been better protected and abusers brought to justice."

"Prof Jay told Panorama: "The response was, in a nutshell, she was punished for speaking truth to power. "

Edited by drummond

True Alan.

Least somebody's got some sense.

I'm just waiting for some idiot to claim I'm racist.

Why? So you can give kick-up and say "see I told you so!"?

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 15:40 ----------

According to the BBC, 157 reports of child sexual exploitation in the borough were made in 2013.

9 prosecutions were brought against perpetrators.

That's dreadful.

Quote Plain Talker: No, I absolutely disagree. It had sod all to do with cultural sensitivities,

I agree that there is more to the this inaction than just the 'race card' but you are entirely wrong in this assertion. Anyone who watched the Panorama programme can be in no doubt that it was an important factor (probably still is). Several of the girls had witnessed the perpetrators threatening to play the race card when being interviewed by the police.

The Pakistani community in Rotherham seem to be close knit with little integration. I would be surprised if there are not a number of people in it that knew what was going on. I wonder that they did not make any attempt to stop this. Probably the usual response is to bring in more young women from Pakistan for their sons to marry in order to try to keep them from straying.

Edited by Jomie

There are a lot of questions that should be asked, across many sections of society and as Anna stated the political atmosphere at the time must take some of the blame, there are failings everywhere. I remember threads started about Rochdale, Blackpool, Oxford etc, people were continually shouted down called racist and threads derailed in order to quash debate.

Toby Fosters programme states that according to Lord Ahmed the blame lies with the mosques and imams who are failing to give young muslim men the guidance they need ???? ..........what's that all about? In my opinion these girls were failed on every level.

wonder how many kids are being picked up by perverted pakistani taxi drivers...while this abuse is ongoing......and still getting paid by rotherham council.....just a thought

I agree that there is more to the this inaction than just the 'race card' but you are entirely wrong in this assertion. Anyone who watched the Panorama programme can be in no doubt that it was an important factor (probably still is). Several of the girls had witnessed the perpetrators threatening to play the race card when being interviewed by the police.

The Pakistani community in Rotherham seem to be close knit with little integration. I would be surprised if there are not a number of people in it that knew what was going on. I wonder that they did not make any attempt to stop this. Probably the usual response is to bring in more young women from Pakistan for their sons to marry in order to try to keep them from straying.

My bold...

The justice system should work without fear or favour.

And the answer that should have been given to that pathetic threat?

"Here is the evidence we have against you to bring this charge.

The DNA evidence is not racist. The people forensically examining the evidence don't know you from Adam or Abdul. Therefore they cannot weight the evidence either way.

Now....

This is the date you will be remanded into custody until, and the date for your appearance in court.

Stick THAT in your race relations pipe and smoke it!

I beg your pardon.... I mean, of course, "Stick that in your race relations pipe and smoke it.... Sir!" "

The Pakistani community in Rotherham seem to be close knit with little integration.

I love how you manage to stigmatise an entire community with just a single statement. May I enquire as to how you came to this conclusion?

And could you please also summarise the white community in Rotherham in a few words - all of us including the doctors, scruffs, goths, geeks, pagans, beggars, and business people?

Yes, the police should have called their bluff (for want of a better description) and continued to investigate. There is no doubt of that. However, you and the general public cannot know the inner workings if the police force. There is no doubt that race is a very sensitive issue, as long as it is white against the others. It doesn't seem to appear the other way round! (Not). They were wrong in not pursuing these matters, but if there is pressure within the force to tread carefully, who knows what they were thinking? A young officer with a family to provide for is not going to risk his career when he knows that he will not get the support of his (or her) superiors.

My bold...

The justice system should work without fear or favour.

And the answer that should have been given to that pathetic threat?

"Here is the evidence we have against you to bring this charge.

The DNA evidence is not racist. The people forensically examining the evidence don't know you from Adam or Abdul. Therefore they cannot weight the evidence either way.

Now....

This is the date you will be remanded into custody until, and the date for your appearance in court.

Stick THAT in your race relations pipe and smoke it!

I beg your pardon.... I mean, of course, "Stick that in your race relations pipe and smoke it.... Sir!" "

I take it that you didn't watch Panorama last night.