Rotherham Children sexually exploited

From reading the Rotherham report in detail, taxi drivers are referred to repeatedly and young girls were driven in taxis to wider networks.

This shouldn't be surprising. Muslim taxi drivers have been known to act as bounty hunters, using their extensive connections to hunt down young Muslim girls who have fled the family to escape violence and forced marriages and return them back to the family for the abuse to continue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3496442/Forced-marriage-cases-up-by-80pc-this-year-as-investigators-find-parents-using-bounty-hunters.html

Edited by SevenRivers

The fact that people will not take responsibility and are staying in their jobs despite being in charge of departments that failed spectacularly to do what they are paid to do tells you what kind of people we are dealing with here.

One reason could be that he is financially insecure. Maybe he would struggle if he resigned. A big mortgage etc... would he or anyone else try to get through it for the sake of his family's future?

My heart bleeds...:)

what makes it frightening is that labour councilors and south yorkshire police were turning a blind eye to it.....1,400 kids being groomed and exploited by asian gangs.....and nobody in power knew nothing about it...probably did....but don't want to upset anyone

It's nothing new, I'm pretty certain this was going off in the late 1970s/80s too. At least that's when I started to cotton on; it could and probably was going on before that. It goes hand in hand, with the "Black people are unfairly stopped by police," brigade. That said, not all ethnic people undertake such activities and there are also gangs on white people that do.

You clearly had no interest in reading the report or understanding of my comments with regard to it. Perhaps you could tell me who I'm 'apologising' for?

You are apologising for the Muslim community and PC zealots.

You believe the Muslim community should not be held responsible because the majority are not directly involved in this abuse, just as they are not religious extremists or terrorists. But the fact remains that from their community comes an incredibly disproportionate amount of sexual abusers (predominantly of people from different cultures) and religious extremist and terrorists (more young Muslims signing up to fight for ISIS than the British armed forces). There is clearly something wrong with their culture, they way they nurture, for this to be happening. You say they shouldn't be blamed and I say they must be blamed if they are to face up to the problem and address it.

You also refuse to believe that over zealous political correctness is has driven the wrong sort of behaviour within public sector services responsible for safeguarding people e.g. social services and the police. Yet it is something that people have been warning about for years, only to get the exact treatment that they were complaining about... you're racist! The fact you think you are better than the average human being (refusing to following instructions from above, not giving up on cases that you know will go nowhere when you are overloaded with cases that can go somewhere, not fearing the loss of your livelihood if you annoy the bosses etc), the average human being behaves as they did in Rotherham, Oldham, Rochdale, Derby, Birmingham, Bristol etc, etc. There is no point blaming people for how they responded to the PC culture... the culture is responsible.

Blaming this on political correctness fits the frame of mind society has at this point in time. Real blame lies by compeltely inadequate services, terrible communication at governmental level and archaic laws.

This is correct.........but it won't stop the dog whistlers,they have an agenda to follow and the fact that social services and police failed to do their jobs is lost on them.well,not lost........it's fingers in the ears and la la la la time.

You are apologising for the Muslim community and PC zealots.

You believe the Muslim community should not be held responsible because the majority are not directly involved in this abuse, just as they are not religious extremists or terrorists.

Crikey, you have a vivid imagination in anointing me with opinions I haven't expressed. If I were apologising for PC zealots my indignation wouldn't so squarely be directed at the failures within Rotherham social services would it? I've no need to apologise for Muslims since these deviant acts aren't carried out because the perpetrators are Muslims, child sexual exploitation sadly afflicts all cultures and eschelons of society, it just so happens in this instance the perpetrators were Muslim..and I've roundly denounced them too, several times on this thread.

You say they shouldn't be blamed

I said they shouldn't be blamed anymore than Catholics should be blamed for the shortcomings of abusive priests or white, Europeans should be held accountable for the abusive behaviour of white Europeans who visit the Far East to abuse children.

You also refuse to believe that over zealous political correctness is has driven the wrong sort of behaviour within public sector services responsible for safeguarding people e.g. social services and the police.

Did you read the report about the laddish, sexist culture that existed amongst the agencies who were required to protect children in Rotherham.

Yet it is something that people have been warning about for years, only to get the exact treatment that they were complaining about... you're racist!

Who made the claim that social services were racist-any of the abusers? Even if it were made, so what? All reports of child abuse should be dealt with sensitively, whatever the background of the people involved. However if the evidence in cases like these had been so overwhelming, then frankly Ive no sympathy for the people who deferred to this fear, they should quite properly have held their heads up high and sought warrants so the accused were dragged kicking and screaming from their beds...in their position being accused of 'racism' would have fallen on deaf ears.

The fact you think you are better than the average human being

Sadly in this instance I'm not challenging the views of 'average human beings', the detractors are further down the food chain.

There is no point blaming people for how they responded to the PC culture... the culture is responsible.

..and what does that have to do with Islam or creating a 'culture' of fear associated with erroneous claims of racism..it wasn't Muslims that did that.

I think it's like this. The reason the finger wasn't pointed is because the race card will definately have been played, just as it has been in the past. Secondly, the ethnic community involved would have been up in arms and probably rioted/looted etc. Thirdly, you'll get your rightwingers marching through the town. OK, so you already do, but this new situation would involve too much retribution and violence and could still go that way. It wouldn't surprise me if if all kicked off pretty soon to be honest.

what makes me laugh is boyfriday turns it around and saying race had nothing to do with it as i have said please stop being vindictive of the people that say its a race issue because you know full well it is . if people are scared to report it what does that say about society now days .

I said the fear of being accused of being racist had nothing to do with it.

Abusers aren't exempt from prosecution due to their racial/cultural background. If you have evidence of abuse and you work in that field you pursue the allegation. I've still yet to see any evidence that the abusers or the wider community expressed the view that social services were 'racist'...it was an excuse created to deflect from their own inadequacies.

I think it's like this. The reason the finger wasn't pointed is because the race card will definately have been played, just as it has been in the past. Secondly, the ethnic community involved would have been up in arms and probably rioted/looted etc. Thirdly, you'll get your rightwingers marching through the town. OK, so you already do, but this new situation would involve too much retribution and violence and could still go that way. It wouldn't surprise me if if all kicked off pretty soon to be honest.

What you describe is the typical bureaucrat fear that is indeed a form of political correctness, but the simple fact is that this fear stems from incompetence and can therefore be attributed to political correctness gone mad. It doesn't mean political correctness in itself is mad.

The problem that arises from this is that it has the complete opposite effect and now people like Zamo use it as an excuse to point the finger at race/religion, rather than at the root cause: incompetence. In the meantime bureaucrats like our PCC will hide behind the sort of explanation you provided, exacerbating the situation rather than fixing it.

Edited by tzijlstra

I think it's like this. The reason the finger wasn't pointed is because the race card will definately have been played, just as it has been in the past.

This is becoming laughable, so what if the race card had been played?

Do you think the abusers went to prison sobbing like babies because no one believed their claims that they were the victims of racism (assuming such a claim had been made in the first place)?

The committed coppers I know would take great delight in preparing a diligent case against an abuser claiming he was the victim of racism...bring it on!